xisto Community
ritu

I Wish My Worst Dream Didn't Come True

There were only four of us in our house, my father, my mother,me and my sister, in them I was a bit hyper-thoughtful, and often ended up dreaming about whatever I would think too much. This was the reason my mother put forward as once I had a nightmare after watching a horror flick. Hence I started to believe that you dream of whatever you think, probably that is true to certain extent . I remember the first time I had the worst dream, I dreamt of my own father being killed, couldn't bear the thought and started screaming in my sleep. My parents woke me up and I hated myself for going to sleep. I didn't share my dream with anyone, but to my dismay, I had the same dream again, and then again, I was convinced that my mother was wrong , I could never think of something like that. My father was a brave person but was stricken with Diabetes, which was eroding his vital functioning, whenever we prayed, it was for his well being, gradually we noticed that he was becoming doubtful whether he would live for long. I kept on worrying for him, and can't tell you how!

It was the evening of 26th Jan, 2004, that was also the day for "Saraswati Puja", there were some guests in our house that day, my father looked good enjoying every moment with the child of the family. Just after they left, dad complained about some restlessness, as these things had become a regular feature, mom advised him to lie down and stood up to call the doctor, suddenly he started gasping for breath, my mother, out of shock, started yelling for help, our neighbours came rushing and I called up my cousin to come down with the doctor, as the doctor arrived, he examined and said in a grave manner to take him to the nearest hospital, trying to imply something else. While rushing to the hospital I couldn't help cursing me for having the dream, but none of my dreams had come true so far then why this? Even God turned his back, and I realised, he was lying on my lap that he was no more, yes the fact still remains incredible for me , that he is not there with me........... on the earth , he is there in my soul guiding our family through any turmoil....... and this no dream can take away. The only thing I can wish is that my worst dream didn't come true.

Hmm, I am very glad that my worst dreams did not come true. Because I remember dreaming of such horrid things as a child, that even now, being grown up and all, I am hesitant to recall and get into the mindset that I had as a child. In fact, it is so morbid that I cannot bring myself to do it here.