xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Importance Of Training In Pursuing An Art Form

Being a part of the Bengali community, you have to master some form of art,at least try to do so, when you know that in any event or festival celebrated by the community, the people are bound to discuss about art and more about what art form their child is pursuing these days , so my life wasn't an exception, for I somewhat had a good voice and my father wanted me to join music classes but how could I explain him that I loved music because I felt my soul could connect to music very well, the idea of taking formal lessons was not to work for me, so my mother made me switch to painting classes. When I was no longer a kid, we had "friends' day out" very often, and I would sing for my friends, they enjoyed my singing, but would almost curse me for not going to music classes. I won't disagree totally as I know how important it was to get trained, still inherently never felt like joining one. With the course of time, I began to understand why training was inevitable, especially when I had to sing on stage at a few instances. The training part will mainly teach you how to understand yourself what your drawbacks are, because you are the best judge of yourself and how to work upon those areas to show improvement. The untrained but gifted lot are aware of the field and can exhibit their talent, but training will provide the directions and increase the degree of excellence.

The important thing here is to decide what makes YOU happy. If you feel your singing can bring enjoyment to others, maybe you can get past your adversion to formal training, especially since you already seem to understand it will actually make you better at it. Or, do you really enjoy painting, do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you complete a work and recieve praise for your work?