xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

What A Bride Usually Has Got To Feel

Now we are talking about marriages, it is mandatory to talk about the mammoth preparations that go into the making of a marriage. So, the type of the preparation may vary, still in certain departments they are all alike, you know those........ the areas of food for the guests, decoration of the venue, invitation cards, sitting arrangements etc. Having got married, I can mark undoubtedly that there is someone in the whole process who is rarely allowed to get involved , yet is always busy. Still couldn't guess!! its the bride. Here I would mention that she is not out of the process actually, well aware of the amount of pain everyone bears for her. As most of the societies have the system of the sending the girl away with her husband to his place, you can well imagine the nerve- wrecking situation she is about to face. Moreover, there is a bunch of kins and acquaintances that shower her with tons of advices, as to how she should behave with her extended family, and the bride can't but wonder. Another side that worries the bride is the kind of look that would be apt for her, for which a lot of counseling comes in,the stylists if not sufficiently trained, can goof up and add to the dismay of the bride. Within such a state of internal unrest and "butterflies in stomach" kind of situation, she manages to dream of an eternally blissful married life. Can say that she is loaded with mixed feelings

I guess it is the Indian culture and traditions that forms the root cause of many of the perplexing things that a bride (or even the bridegroom) are made to feel and experience in the lead up to the most important moment of their lives.We, in India have this legacy of being advised and told by our elders (even if they bear no relation to us) of whats good, whats right, whats ideal and so on all the time…and naturally ‘wedding day’ is one of the prime days for our seniors/elders to offer their valuable and worthy advice. Of course, our peers, friends and colleagues also have their share of suggestions for us. They just see our vulnerability and may be chip in of whatever they think.So I guess, we should just take this in our stride, and move on, of course, wedding is an occasion for a grand social celebration and whats a wedding without the clamor, gossip, spice and color. Enjoy the moment!