xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Heximal

A Bit Of An Unorthodox Thread - Wow Roleplay

For those few (or lot) wondering what roleplay means, allow me to post a textbook definition.

Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. While the Oxford English Dictionary defines role-playing as "the changing of one's behaviour to fulfill a social role",[1] the term is used more loosely in four senses:

To refer to the playing of roles generally such as in a theatre, or educational setting;

To refer to taking a role of an existing character or person and acting it out with a partner taking someone else's role, often involving different genres of practice;

To refer to a wide range of games including role-playing video game, play-by-mail games and more;

To refer specifically to role-playing games.[2]

Source: Wikipedia.

And now for a less dictionarly-esque approach.

I am a giant World of Warcraft fan. Yes, I am a nerd and honestly, am not the slightest bit disappointed by that fact. I'm actually more proud of it than I should be. Even though I love the Warcraft universe ever since Warcraft I, I have long since abandoned the prospect of grinding for XP, farming items and fighting bosses. Instead, I have recently taken a turn towards the aspect I love about this MMORPG. Mainly, the RP part.

The lore had always been that part of the Warcraft universe which pulled me in. And up until about a year ago, I was completely unfamiliar that RP servers even existed on WoW. But with me learning, came a whole new era of enjoyment in WoW, for myself at least.

The reason why I am posting this is because I was wondering if there were any WoW roleplayers or generally roleplaying fans that are interested in the Warcraft universe in here along with me. There is no pre-defined reason behind my curiosity, other than curiosity itself. It'd be nice to meet some like-minded brains, if any lurk around.