xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Nuts A Little Closer To Home

Our great neighbor state to the north, Iowa, now has some pending legislation that is completely and undenialably unconstitutional. They are proposing new licencing requirnment for dog breeders, and here is just a part of what has been proposed.

This bill also removes the ability for a person seeking a license to have a public hearing if their application for commercial breeder authorization is denied. As a result, the department may simply determine that someone is not in compliance with the laws and regulations regarding care and conditions for animals, and there is no ability for the applicant to appeal.

More information can be found here http://www.akc.org/government-relations/legislative-alerts/iowa-considering-detrimental-changes-to-breeder-regulations/
including emails from the Senate Commerce Committee involved with this bill.

Did you catch the part about no ability to appeal? If passed, any petty beuracrate could deny you your right to make a living without any recourse for you. No trial by a jury of your peers, no chance to present your situation to anyone. This folks, is not the American way! It is a sad day when you loose your liberty over trying to make a living with a few dogs, and to have your rights stomped into dust. Believe me there are enough animal rights wacko's out there that they would have a hay day with this legislation if it's passed. The ability to impose their warped sense of values that make animals equal to humans would see them shutting down every kennel in the state. Forever, with no chance for the breeders to fight back.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am more than a little sick of other people being able to enforce their own opinions and values on me. You can't smoke, you cant' raise dogs, or children or do anything that any body else doesn't want you to do.