xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Pasta Maker

Awhile back I bought one of those pasta makers at the swap meet. Didn't get any books or anthing with it. Last night I dug it out from under the car seat where it had been for months since we got it, at the swap meet actually last summer and washed it up and tried to use it. I can figure out how it works, but unfortunatly there must be some trick to preparing the noodle dough I am missing out on. All I got was a mess of goo when the noodle didn't come apart and or all wadded up and stuck together. They were too thin to take apart by hand, and too doughy to handle without them tearing all up or just getting all stuck together.No I don't actually have a reciepe for noodles, I just break some eggs in a bowl and add flour until I have a very dry dough. This is what I tried to run threw the machine. I'm pretty sure my dough just wasn't right, but I don't know any other way to make it. Any tips?

Oh Cool! Thanks! Now I'm going to have to go dust that thing back off and try again. Maybe on a night when I'm not quite so tired. I am going to stick with the mixing bowel for the dough though. I can just see me with egg running all over the table in the little flour volcano.