xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Bringing Home The Troops

I was pretty pround of my state when I heard on the news the other day that St. Louis Missouri held the first in the country celebration of our troops returning. They held a large parade, and the news media said there were a hundred thousand or so people that turned out! That's quite a large gathering. And the interesting thing, it was all started by 2 guys who used their face book pages to promote it and raise funds to have it. My hat's off to those 2 fellows for doing such a great job.

"Bringing home the troops" has been used as a hook in election campaigns and while it is pitched as something that ought to be a victory, it isn't. There are heroes who went out there because they were recruited but there were others who were criminals acting in hatred against the civilians who they were supposed to defend. Many of those criminals have been sentenced but they did cause irreparable damage to what the nation stands for, the values of compassion and caring that it represents, and the freedom and human rights that it defends.I don't mean to take the limelight away from the heroes but I simply mean to state that the folks who acted in hatred or in greed showed immense disrespect for the heroes by wearing the same uniforms and acting under the same authority.