xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinksardonic

Vacation your best vacation?

I've been to europe, traveled around and that was all fun, but i've been dying to take up surfing.Hawaii is pretty much out of my range right now, 10 hrs away and all. I found that there was surfing in dr (dominican republic) plus it's super cheap.I have to say it's the most beautiful place, sort of under developed but great. They have reefs everywhere, scuba diving right off the beach, no early excursions and bus rides like in mexico.Parties on the beach, super fun.I would recommend it to anyone who can't afford hawaii.

Hi, I think the best holiday I've ever had was in Africa. There was no luxury or anything, just the real world to bring me back down to earth. We trecked through the desert on camels and stopped off along the route at small farms or villages. The people were dead friendly, and it really makes u wonder why we still want to hold the debt against them. My view is, why don't we let them have a brake for a century to build up there country and then start it again. Away - like I was saying, that was the best holiday because it wasn't just a brake, but it was an experience. I think all holidays should be like that, forget lying in the sun for hours. A camel treck through Africa is just what u need in my opinion. Thanks guys, Sean Webber (alive).

Wheee Vacation! :P (Or as we say on the other side of the pond, Holiday! :P )I've had a lot of different holidays, but one of the best I ever had was in 2003, when we went back to my home country England for a whole month. We went to Hastings and it was one of the loveliest holidays I'd ever had. I really, really badly wanted to visit Hastings because there's so much history there and I'm a real history nut - as you know, William the Conqueror (invaded England in 1066, built Hastings castle as Wheee Vacation! :P (Or as we say on the other side of the pond, Holiday! :P )I've had a lot of different holidays, but one of the best I ever had was in 2003, when we went back to my home country England for a whole month. We went to Hastings and it was one of the loveliest holidays I'd ever had. I really, really badly wanted to visit Hastings because there's so much history there and I'm a real history nut - as you know, William the Conquerer (Norman) invaded England in 1066, built Hastings castle as a defence against the Saxons, and then they fought the Battle of Hastings at Battle, and on the spot where William slay the Saxon King Harold, he erected a cathedral, Battle Abbey, and both these places were about 900 years old so I was dying to visit them both!History aside though, it was wonderful being back there. We rented a lovely holiday cottage and bought food and had fun preparing nice English meals, roasts and stuff, eating our favourite foods we can't get out here in Singapore often... On top of that there was a beach, and a thriving town centre nearby with loads of interesting shops, and even a big new shopping mall! So it was like I had the best of both worlds... rustic country England versus more modern town centre... and of course, TV in England is absolutely brill... most people in the UK watch tons of TV... it's just so great there.... and so we shopped, ate, explored, watched tons of tv... and to crown it all off... on our last day there, which was also the day before my birthday, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out! :(Best holiday ever I think ;)