xisto Community
sheepdog

Question About Ks

I occasionally try to post a comment in the colum on the right side of the forum on the main page, Recent Status Updates, and every time I try I get an error message that says action failed. Not sure what I am doing wroung. I just click on add comment and it brings up a little box to type in, but when I try to add it I get that error message. Any tips for this problem?

Sorry can't say I can. :huh: Umm just try to report it to the website I guess, troubleshoot. I could figure it out but hacking even if it is for good is illeagal. <_< GOod luck! :)

Well thanks anyway, it's not a big deal, I'm sure the keepers of this board have bigger problems on their plates right now anyway, no use in troubling them over piddly stuff. I see one of your interests is the piano, do you play? I used to work for a guy that refinished piano's. I kept one here at the house for him for quite awhile until he could sell it. It was a real old one, with very ornate wood carvings. Beautiful piano. I always sorta wanted to learn to play. Well, actually I wasn't so much interested in playing as I was learning to play one single song on the piano. Ever hear the song Music Box Dancer? I just love that, it's a piano instrumental, very upbeat and cheerful. I did get to where I could pick out the first few notes of it, but when it got down into all the chords I was pretty much lost. Was fun to try though.

hello sheepdogI seem to have the same trouble as you when i put a status up i get action failed.Three times it took me to get my status up today.An Update no puppies yet.

Well thanks anyway, it's not a big deal, I'm sure the keepers of this board have bigger problems on their plates right now anyway, no use in troubling them over piddly stuff.
I see one of your interests is the piano, do you play? I used to work for a guy that refinished piano's. I kept one here at the house for him for quite awhile until he could sell it. It was a real old one, with very ornate wood carvings. Beautiful piano. I always sorta wanted to learn to play. Well, actually I wasn't so much interested in playing as I was learning to play one single song on the piano. Ever hear the song Music Box Dancer? I just love that, it's a piano instrumental, very upbeat and cheerful. I did get to where I could pick out the first few notes of it, but when it got down into all the chords I was pretty much lost. Was fun to try though.

Yeah, I enjoy piano. For my school's talent show I am going to play Fur Elise, and the concerto (I think it is spell somewhat like this. :) I've never heard of that, I'kl search it someday, I like fast songs. I'll probably post some videos of me on youtube when a get a you tube, sadly I'm not old enogh but I will be in a couple of months. I have a strong conscious so I don't lie about my age, that is why I don't have a facebook, but all the kids in my school has one. But when I get an youtube I'll give you my username and you can search me :) I"m not extremely good not a Mozart, or Bach, It takes me about a month before I can play a song I'm learn (which is level 3 or 4) descent. :P Practice makes perfect.

I actually have had that happen to me many many times too and I reported it to Opa who says that it should get fixed on its own when the next upgrade is done.. It is kinda lame but its not really that big a deal.

I had the problem of not being able to post comments in reply to other users' status updates when the forum was last updated. Then, the feature started working, perhaps as a result of a bug-fix or a patch being applied. I then noticed that the problem cropped up again when I tried replying to a status update but I believe it does work most of the time. If you do want to reply to someone when the right sidebar doesn't let you reply to the comment, go to that user's profile page and reply to the comment from there. That should work because it's been working reliable for me, irrespective of whether the right sidebar widget works.Opaque did mention that they intend to upgrade the forum software to the latest release of Invision Power Board so the new version should fix some of the problems of the old if the problem is related to the forum software itself. If, instead, the problem is related to a plugin, we might get Opaque to make a fix to the plugin after the upgrade so we can be sure that the problem does not originate from the forum software itself. I would try to offer a fix, but I haven't been able to get Invision to let me have a copy for development and personal use (and I might add that I couldn't get vBulletin to give me a copy of their software either, so I can't say it isn't common in the commercial world to refuse discounts for software developers).