xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

4 More Down 3 To Go!

Been butchering chickens all afternoon, I'm now down to 3 live birds left in the pen, from my first hatching this summer. I still have another group coming on, but it will be a couple months before they are ready to start in on. A few years ago I got the hubby one of those grills that has a smoker on one end. I really can't get him to use it all that often, since it is time consuming and a bit of a hassel to smoke chickens and such in it, it takes a lot of hours and you can't really just go off and leave it. But when I butchered the last round, I conned him into smoking 3 chickens. OH My God, were they ever GOOD!!!! I probably shouldn't even tell this on myself, but I managed to eat ONE WHOLE CHICKEN all my myself!! (that was for dinner, one sitting and I wolfed down a whole bird) I picked the middle size bird and just put the whole thing on my plate, and fixed one flour tortilla to eat with it. Hubby only managed to eat half of the smaller bird. I polised off the other half of his for lunch the next day, and we shared the last bigger bird for dinner that night. I wish I could talk him into to using the smoker more often, but then again, maybe it's just as well I can't, I'd end up weighing 300lbs!