xisto Community
Dadman

Music Artists Admit Consorting With Demons.

Pick a genre--it's there! Eminem's song "My Darling" depicts his rejoining with his demon. Lady Gaga's "Judas" is about destroying "Jesus." Rhianna's "Disturbia" describes her submission to demonic possession. Aaron Lewis mentions selling his "soul to the devil" in "Country Boy." Even Contemporary Christian Music artists display demonic hand signals. Who is this "god" they sing to and about?

I don't believe this is really how they feel, but rather what their music is about. It's an outlet for frustrations and/or other things, also often called a "creative outlet." It's sort of how the people who write movies that have killing (such as Saw)likely aren't serial killers themselves. So because of this, I don't really read too much into it.

I can understand the voice behind the topic but decrypting the thought behind any form of expression is always a tricky affair, take the example of Lucy in the sky with Diamonds.. Decades after the song was made, people still argue about the song whether it was made based on Julian Lennon's picture or whether it was based on an acid trip(LSD experience). Slayer, famous for having really antisocial & satanic themed music have admitted themselves that they don't believe in or feel half the things they sing about...Like the way cuss words flow unrestrained, themes earlier known to cause controversy are accepted now.. Just a phase perhaps or the artists know that they are bound to get reactions from their fans. Everyone has their share of battles against demons but the way each person voices it out is perhaps unique to themselves. Though it is sometimes concerning that a listener could get wrong ideas from the songs but what can we do?