xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How To Set Up Automatic Sms Alert Sending Service

Hello! I am sorry for posting this, as it may be a ridiculous question. But, I need to know about it. I am trying to create an weather (mainly earthquake) alert service for people in my city. I am trying to build a service that will send SMS to people's mobile numbers (who will opt in to get alerts) automatically whenever a earthquake will happen. I have searched many sites for something that will help me in achieving this goal, but no use. I have tried to use the Google SMS Channel, but it's not at all good. It sends alerts after 30 to 40 minutes from the time of earthquake. So, I am asking all of you for a little help if you can suggest me of any service (mainly free as I will be doing it for the good of the people) or anything that might help me in setting up this service. Hope I'll get good suggestions and help from you in my mission to help people. Thanks in advance...

Hi, It has simples solution.You can send bulk sms through bulk sms service provider.Once you hire this services he will provide you api code for same.you have to put this code in your application and you have to just give path of database.Using this code you can send bulk sms at a time.

Hi, It has simples solution.You can send bulk sms through bulk sms service provider.Once you hire this services he will provide you api code for same.you have to put this code in your application and you have to just give path of database.Using this code you can send bulk sms at a time.

I would agree with you that bulk sms is the solution, since i don't see any reliable free service which would send sms, as each message costs money, no company would contribute for such a thing. however in my opinion you should charge the users a monthly or yearly fee of a small sum just to pay off the bulk packages. Because nothing is free in this world and if people want to be safe they should atleast contribute for the sake of their own safety.