xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Question About A New Member [resolved] Beginning to get credits.

First of all, forgive my ignorance, and do not see this post as a sign of paranoia or a whine or a useless complaint.I merely want to ask a question, because I am not sure how exactly the system works on that particular issue.Anyway, here it goes:Two days ago, I made a new member on the forums here and then (the day after, because I wasn't sure how it worked) I also registered her with Xisto, with the same email address that was used to register her here. (As far as i know, that is the correct procedure).Since the MyCents credits had updated this morning, I decided to go and have a look at one of her posts, but there was no mention of a credit amount there yet (and, the new member has only written two posts so far).Now, I was just curious how long roughly it takes before the accumulated credits are shown for new members, or, if it only happens after you have reached a certain amount of credits, or, more importantly, if I have followed the procedure correctly and not forgotten anything).It is especially the last point above that I am thinking about, what I did was, I registered her for the forum here, she made her posts and then I also registered her with Xisto with (as is required) the same email address that was used to register her on the forum.As far as I can see, I did everything correctly, but, if I have missed something out, could someone be so kind to point that out to me, please?Any further advice will be very welcome.Thank you.

Hi!The steps that you have taken for signing up on Xisto and Xisto are correct, to my knowledge (no pun intended), and should display the myCENTs earned sometime soon. The myCENTs script can take up to three days so if you do not see any myCENTs after seventy two hours, then something is amiss. Apart from the display of the myCENTs on the forum, you can also go to the Xisto - Support and billing page and log in to check the myCENTs balance. Way back when I registered, the myCENTs script would evaluate and credit my posts almost instantaneously. Right after making the post, I would receive an email in my inbox and there it was.You might want to report an issue on the Xisto - Support and Billing site by creating a support ticket. The support ticket responses can take up to two days. Perhaps the delay is only for the free members - I can't tell because I do not have a paid account on Xisto - Web Hosting or Xisto yet and have been using my myCENTs accumulated over the years and replenished every year with more posts to order web hosting packages and domain names.BTW, at the end of the year, the renewal for the domains burns a big hole in my myPOCKET (I keep cents in my pocket and myCENTs in my myPOCKET :-P) and the rates are pretty much standard across all web hosting providers and domain registrars though some web hosting providers throw in the domain name for free if you take up one of their web hosting packages. The web hosting package at Xisto / Xisto - Web Hosting is quite cheap though.