xisto Community
flyillusions

Change The Name To No Technical Support Horrible Horrible Horrible

5 times in the last 3 months my IP address has been blocked. When that happens I submit a new ticket and politely ask tech support to unblock my IP address. It has taken them from 10 hours to 5 days. This time it has been 36 hours and counting. Cheap hosting is no bargain when you can't access your site or email for days at a time. Nest week I start looking for a new hosting site that actually responds to support tickets.

Hi!If you try to log in with an invalid username and password, the server blocks your IP address and you have to submit a ticket to have your IP address unblocked. It is probably a security feature because most attackers have a limited set of IP addresses. If the attacker is using a dynamic IP address from the ISP, then some legitimate users might get blocked at times. As you know the web hosting service is blocking the IP addresses, you can diagnose the problem easily, but I'm pretty sure that for the site visitors, trying to figure it out may be puzzling indeed.BTW, are you subscribed to the decade hosting plan? It has been withdrawn sometime in the past few months, but the plan provided 10 years of hosting for $10 but with no support except for that available in the forum. I have had some late responses to my support tickets but apart from that I have not had any real problems with the web hosting service. I don't really use the web hosting service for any serious stuff... it's just my personal blog and some test services. It would be great if they could handle the renewals without any intervention but for the price, I do not really mind the few days of downtime as long as they remain online for the rest of the year.

Unfortunate that you faced an issue with your hosting account. The security has been super beefed and it seems you are the only one facing this issue multiple times. I can understand how frustrated you must have been when you submitted this topic but it could have helped if you'd at least let the members know that your issue was solved.