xisto Community
sheepdog

Making Videos

Ok, I need some help here. I've had this camera for several years that will take short videos, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do anything with them once I figure out how to download and save them. I managed to figure out how to save them today, and find where they were saved to, yesterday I thought I lost the file after download. I have Windows Movie Maker to work with. I did figure out how to cut off the last little bit of the video where I messed up and didn't get the camera to stop filming in time, but now I just can't figure out how to loose the audio part of the video. I really don't need to record all those pesky dogs yapping in the back ground. I could find the audio part but not how to remove it, when I tried to delete it by moving the arrows back, it removed the video and the audio too. The other problem is I can seem to get them to send in an email. I tried today and one looked like it was sent, but then I got a failed message. I'm thinking the files are too big? But I have no idea how to fix that either. I tired the save file to email option, but since I don't use outlook, it wouldn't work with hotmail. Boy, this is going to be a real brain strain! I hate learning new stuff.

Hi SheepdogFirst, I need to know which windows movie maker do you have? Because my answer will depend on the version of the program. Let me say that what I am going to say now relates to windows live movie maker which is the windows 7 version. Since I never really used the older versions of windows movie maker I don't know if they have the same features. so to cut the audio in windows live movie maker, you have to click on video tools at the top and go to Audio volume. Then lower the volume all the way to mute it. Your next step would be if you want to add a different audio, then you go to Home, then click on Add music. Then you can add any other audio track you want. But be careful because the formats that windows live movie maker accepts are very few formats. Any mp3 though should be OK. Once you add the new audio then your problem should be solved and the new audio substitutes the old one. If you don't want to add another audio it will also be OK because you muted the original audio track anyway. I just learned this last night because I never use windows live movie maker since it lacks all the capabilities and features that the other programs like Adobe premier Pro, Avid or Final Cut pro has. Nevertheless, if you can get access to a program called ULEAD VIDEO STUDIO 9, 10 or 11 this program is for beginners and is almost like Windows movie maker but it is easier to use and has almost the other features in the other pro programs as well. I am not sure if you can get it free online, but I do remember that I downloaded it free in the past. The other thing is usually videos that you create are too big to be sent in an email, so my advice to you is that you can send them through websites like megaupload or fileshare or create a dropbox (creating a dropbox is free and gives you up to 2 GB free, plus it will be very easy to send it to the people you want to send the videos to). If you create a dropbox, all you have to do is copy the video on your hard disk to the dropbox folder and let it upload. But the other person should have a dropbox too on his or her computer and if you copy the video to the shared folder you have with the other person then it will upload it directly to the person's computer. It is as easy as that. Otherwise fileshare or zshare would also take big files so you can send the link of the file you uploaded. Otherwise you can convert your video using (Any video converter - free software online) and convert it to a small size video. You have the option to convert it to flash or any other format and you can also choose how big or how small. Once you convert the video, you decrease the quality and then you would be able to send it via email but my problem with this method though, is that the sound and video might be out of sync or the quality might be too low. So these are the options I can think of. Sorry I was not much of help but as I mentioned yesterday was my first time fiddling around with windows live movie maker to try and answer your question because I edited my own movies in the past and I have experience in video editing softwares. Anyway, I really hope I was able to help a little and if I find out something new I will write back to you. Wish you good luck!