xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Checking Films Without Watching Avoiding wasting DVDs

I was wondering if there was a certain program with which you can check the quality and playability of films before burning them onto DVD, but without watching the whole film.I think it spoils the pleasure of watching a new film on DVD for the first time, but, on the other hand, I feel some possibility of checking is necessary, as I burned a film on a DVD, and everything was great, until, all of a sudden, near the end, the film stopped (picture froze) and only got forward a little bit when forwarding.I would obviously like to avoid this in order not to waste any DVDs, but I would like to be able to check for faults without watching (eg. by use of a program) in order not to have to waste, let's say, two hours before I can burn it because I have to watch it, and also, because it spoils things a bit if you have already seen the film before watching it with the family.Does anybody know if such a program exists, and, if it does, I would love to hear about it.Thank you very much in advance.

you need to be more specific. is it a torrent you are downloading and then want to copy the avi or whatever file format to a dvd? is it another cd? if so, is there copy protection on it?i burn a crap load of dvd's but never needed to check the quality because i would just watch the opening credits on the computer before burning it to dvd. there could be two causes. it could be the original that is screwed up before you are burning your dvd, or it could be the program or the speed at which you are burning which is causing things to mess up.i think we would need to know specifically what you are burning first before we can answer that question or even research it to find a proper answer. i haven't heard about a program that does it either way but it seems like there should be something out there that can run through the video and audio for testing purposes.

First of all, good to see you again, anwiii.Well, it were 2 .avi files (I had downloaded them as a torrent).I then burned them on one DVD using Nero vision 10 and burned them on therfe as 2 separate films. (The download was two separate avi files, put into one torrent).The first part played flawlessly, the second part began to stop and freeze near the end. I was playing the DVD in the DVD player, when i played it on my laptop, it did exactly the same.Being the stupid idiot I am, i had already erased the files from my hard drive in order to save rrom, so i will have to download the files again to test them.Can't find the writing speed right now, but I believe m DVD-RW drive burns at 32x.

i haven't tried the resources given at this site, but you might find it very usefull...http://606u.dir.bg/avicheck/

I have began to check it, anwiii, and it looks very interesting indeed.According to what I have read so far, there will definitely something be there which does what I want it to do.Thanks for the tip.