xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Anyone Familiar With Coffeecup Html Editor? Preview function really duff.....

Well, I have a serious problem with the internal preview of CoffeeCup's "The HTML Editor", whether I have saved my page or not.I always use HTML 5 and CSS3 these days, and it seems like the compatibility with the newest browsers does not exist yet in the internal preview.When I look at a page using the Coffeecup preview, everything looks out of place, while it works like it should in all the browsers I use for testing (Firefox 5 as my default browser, IE 9, Opera (latest version) and Google chrome (latest version too).).I looked through the support pages and saw something in the Preferences setting, which I do not seem to have, although I use the latest version of the HTML Editor: a dropdown menu which lists the possible versions of Internet Explorer (although, as far as I am aware, I have only IE 9 on my hard disk).However, the internal preview is not doing its job like it should.Am I missing something, or, if not, can the Coffeecup team do something about that, please, as it is a lot quicker, when you have to have a quick peek at the preview of your page, to use the internal preview, rather than to wait for the external browser to load.I have attached a picture of how it looks in the internal preview in the HTML Editor, and one of how it should (and does) look in Firefox 5.Is there anyone here with some familiarity with the software?It is the latest version (12 build 373) of The HTML Editor by CoffeeCup (http://www.coffeecup.com/).post-46682-0-53402800-1309883279_thumb.jpgpost-46682-0-66294200-1309883298_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I have no experience with coffeecup so I can't comment much on that one, but I have a solution if reloading the page in your browsers is frustrating.
Adding

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3">
to the <head> tag in your page forces a refresh every 3 seconds. This way, you don't have to manually click that refresh button.

Thanks, Bani, but Refreshing does not really help when previewing pages.(Not the way CoffeeCup operates, anyway).In the mean time, I have had word from Coffeecup there is a beta version, which I downloaded in the mean time, and that displays the web pages perfectly (ie. as they are and as they are shown by the "real" browsers" when previewing them internally.

I wasn't talking about the internal view, I just said that you can skip viewing it internally and view in browser instead.With that method, you save, and within max 3 seconds, it's refreshed to the new look in all browsers. But anyway good that you got the problem fixed now. Just suggested that because if the code is correct and the preview doesn't work well then it's the software's fault for not supporting the standards you're using.