xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eInfiniti

What Does Economy+ Mean To You?

I have flown United Airlines before and have noticed they offer Economy Plus seats. Recently, I have had an opportunity to sit in an economy plus seat because I was re-routed. One of the things I noticed is that the leg room is indeed much wider than a regular economy seat, which is pretty good for a long flight. I don't know how many people sitting in Economy Plus seats actually have paid for the upgrades. Maybe quite some percentage, but I did not think that was a big number. If not sold, the seats are assigned by United Airlines to their frequent flyers. Guess who frequent flyers are? They are mostly business travellers. So, I also noticed that a lot of business people sit in Economy Plus seats. Hope you get the idea.

Oh, yea, I guess people do fly in planes too don't they? I kinda forget about that sometimes. I tend to think airplanes are just for puppies. I've never flown, but have sure flown a lot of puppies! So economy and economy+ don't mean much to me. Cargo is cargo, it all flys the same. I suspect frequent flyers and other businessmen and women are probably more likely to shell out the extra dollars since they have to spend so much time on planes, and being cramped and not having leg room is no way to have to suffer.