xisto Community
No_One

Content Management Systems Which one is the best?

I was just wondering which CMS you prefer. I know about a lot but all of them lack important features I need. I have nucleus and PHPnuke right now. I would really like one that I can skin. It has to be free though. Also I must be able to add plugins. And like all other cms it has to have a blogging system. If you have time can you also help me find an anime template for it? Thanks.EDIT: Oh yea I forgot. It also has to have the ablility to upload images and files into directories like Noone.trap17.com/images

I was just wondering which CMS you prefer. I know about a lot but all of them lack important features I need. I have nucleus and PHPnuke right now. I would really like one that I can skin. It has to be free though. Also I must be able to add plugins. And like all other cms it has to have a blogging system. If you have time can you also help me find an anime template for it? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yea I forgot. It also has to have the ablility to upload images and files into directories like Noone.trap17.com/images

53758[/snapback]

PHPNuke Platinum

PHPNuke

PostNuke

Try the above CMS. I recommend the 1st one.

phpbbfetchall, never heard of it and i just checked it out it looks nice i like how simple it is... can you integrate this with your website? or is it only used as a mod for the forum?

I have tried many of them but the best is phpnuke. Then i liked e107. It's also good. Then comes others such as postnuke, mdpro, evolution etc. These are much similar to each other. The interface, concept etc etc.

I made my own, but it wasn't as easy to administrate (if you consider phpnuke easy). I have a real great layout too, or at least I think I do! LOL. ;)

I don't have a favourite. I don't plan to use a CMS anytime soon. I just don't see why people would bother with it besides the fact that it's pre-made (not too much work involved for the user of the software). I may sound abit old-fashioned, but I think it's best just to make your own website and code it yourself. Or make your own CMS if you will. I know that it's easier to use a CMS, but I think visitors get turned off by seeing a bunch of sites with a similar layout. People do get turned off by things like this. Originality over simplicity? I'll take the former.

OpenCms is a CMS written in Java:
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/

Anyway, I must confess that I can not install both versions 5.x and 6.0.
I need a CMS system for my website, and I would prefer Java CMS, because I am a J2EE guy, and i can make use of Java CMS better.

Apache has one CMS called Lenya (you can see in http://lenya.apache.org/), but the functionalities are limited and not suit my needs.

Because I can not find a suitable CMS, I am writingn one for myself now, using Struts, JSP/Servlet and MySQL database. All the content pages will be XML, and I use XSL to reder it to the Web browser.

My current favorite is Mambo, but i'm looking forward to trying a new one, i think it was called Exponent. you can look at up at sourceforge.net. it's on the most downloaded list, so i'm assuming it's pretty good.