xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
derval

How A Housekeepr Should Behave With You? If You Have One.

I am working with an housekeeping company In London. I am enjoying this job and decided to be in the same field in the future also. To improve my skills and keep my bosses happy, I am eager to know what you all think how your housekeeper should behave and conduct with you. Your replies with full of suggestions will be a great help for me. Thanks in advance. Derval

I certainly have at least one tip for you. From years of having some of the worst housekeepers in the world, if there is one thing you can do to make your boss happy, it's to remember where all the dishes go!!!! I get so bloody annoyed when I have to hunt for a favorite dish or spatula, or knife, or can opener that the housekeeper has put in some weird place that I can't find. Makes me crazy. So, it would be great if you put some extra effort into memorizing where things go. I'm sure that would be a big plus for your bosses.

I certainly have at least one tip for you. From years of having some of the worst housekeepers in the world, if there is one thing you can do to make your boss happy, it's to remember where all the dishes go!!!! I get so bloody annoyed when I have to hunt for a favorite dish or spatula, or knife, or can opener that the housekeeper has put in some weird place that I can't find. Makes me crazy. So, it would be great if you put some extra effort into memorizing where things go. I'm sure that would be a big plus for your bosses.

I will definitely take this as advice...
This is a general problem what our clients also complained for..... I make sure that I will keep the thing in my mind....
Thanks for suggesting me.... If you do have any other advice or suggestion regarding the status of work and personality of the housekeeping staff please let me know.... I am really great full for your kind suggestion.....

Glad to help with a little input. To me, it's good to see you truely interested in learning to do a very good job and do your best. I do have another tip. Nearly everyone has some type of idiosyncrasy about how things should be done in their home and they are going to want you to do things their way. This could be anything from hospital corners when you make up the bed, to coordinating the clothes in the closet. There may be a better or faster or easyier way to do something, but if they want you to do things a certain way, make sure you follow their instructions. My own personal fettish is the way my cast iron skillets are washed. I have yet to find a housekeeper who will do it my way. And if they are not properly washed, they stick like crazy and are difficult to use. I think I may of once done a tutorial about washing cast iron skillets here at Xisto. But every housekeeper I've ever had insists on doing it their way, and they all seem to think they know best. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "well, that's the way I wash mine" when they mess up one of my skillets. This comment is usually followed by, "I don't use my cast iron skillets, because they stick" Duh. Yet they won't listen to me and wash them in a way that prevents them from sticking. Funny skillet story. I told one housekeeper that I didn't want her to put my skillets in the sink in dish water. So one day I walked into the kitchen while she was working, and she was standing over the sink with the skillet raised up over the sink and was splashing soapy water up onto the skillet. I couldn't believe that one. I caught another housekeeper washing the skillet in the sink and when I told her about it she insisted that it was ok because there wasn't soap in the water anymore, saying, "see, look it doesn't bubble anymore." Just because the water isn't bubbly doens't mean the soap is not there anymore. I can't believe she thought the soap would magicly dissapear after it was put in the water. Anyway good luck with your job.

Hey its really kind of you...... You are like a life saver to me..... The advice what you had given me with a story was like my another question what I want to ask from you...... You are really great.... thanks for such an awesome reply.....Now I can surely say that I got the right place to enhance my professional skills working together with experienced people like you.....Please accept my kind regards......Devral