xisto Community
mrdee

Bluetooth Woes Bluesoleil seems to play up

Not sure whether I had to post this in software or hardware, as I am not sure which one of the two causes the problem.Anyway:I use a Rechargeable HP Bluetooth mouse on my laptop, so I obviously have a Bluetooth dongle in my machine and I use Bluesoleil 8.0.338.0 as my Bluetooth software.For a while I have had problems with FTP'ing (Tiem-outs, remote folders not opening etc.) and e-mail (One account after the other timing out during receiving e-mail), and finally I have pinned it down to Bluetooth being the culprit.(The reason why I was not sure whether to post in Software or Hardware is because I am not sure yet whether it is the software or the mouse, as I never had this problem when I used my previous Bluetooth mouse, whose make I forgot).Anyway, when I turn Bluetooth off, all e-mail and FTP works normally.Apart from the mouse, I also use Bluetooth to transfer pictures between my Blackberry and my laptop, although I do not use that feature that much.Does anyone recognise any of the symptoms, or does anyone know whether it would be the software or the mouse causing the problem?If it is the software, does anyone know of some Bluetooth software (preferably freeware) which could achieve the same functionality for me?I will be grateful for any advice, as I have had enough of turning my Bluetooth off when I need to FTP or check my e-mail.