xisto Community
mrdee

Constant E-Mail Server Time-Outs What could be causing this?

For a while now, I have been experiencing problems when using my e-mail client (Windows live Mail 2011) on Windows 7 Ultimate.When checking e-mails, every single time I get the message for some accounts: "Your server has not replied in 90 seconds, do you want to wait or stop?", meaning some of the servers do not respond within the time given. When I check the server (or service status) of the ISPs in question, there is no mention of their e-mail server being down or having faults. Also, it is unlikely (though not impossible, of course) it is a virus or spyware issue, as my scans with AVG free mention no infections, and I also regularly run Spybot Search & Destroy, which cleans up the problems that might exist.The other thing is, I only seem to have the issue on my laptop, on my PC the problem does not seem to exist (happens once in a blue moon on the odd account, but not constantly on a number of accounts).I also suspect (I have to be careful when saying this, but...) a program I started using not too ling ago: Mailwasher Pro 2011.I need something to help me fight all the spam people send me, but I am not sure whether it hinders more than it helps.I started with version 6.5, on heir forums, they advised me to upgrade to version 2011, and when I posted again (mainly about spam being left alone and being marked as "good", even after clearly setting it as spam during every step of the learning process) they advised me to try the latest beta version of the program, which I am now running.Like I said, I don't know whether it is a coincidence or not, as I have even tried just checking my email without running Mailwasher prior to Windows Live Mail, but the issue is still there, not sure whether the Mailwasher settings have done something to my email setup, as I certainly have not done anything to change them.Does anyone know whether Mailwasher could be playing a nasty part here, or does anyone recognise the symptoms of this very annoying issue?I will be very grateful for any help offered in the matter.