xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
azim

Dell Laptop Vga Problem display problem

When are the lines visible? Is it only when you are logged into windows or does it also happen during the boot process?If the lines only show themselves while in windows, I recommend you roll back your display driver or uninstall it, then install the latest driver version available for the video hardware in your laptop. Also lines like this have occurred to me after installing an older version of direct x than was installed before.(win7 comes with direct x 11) I have done this by accident while installing an older video game. If you have installed video games recently you may want to check that your direct x version hasn't changed or reverted. If it has, uninstall and re-install with the latest version. If those things don't help, and especially if the lines are present during the boot process, your video hardware in the laptop is malfunctioning. If the lines are visible all the time and never change color at all then I suggest you try to find a replacement screen as that is likely the problem. If the lines are always visible but sometimes move or change color, it is likely the video chipset inside the laptop or the video ram. Try searching the web for a video memory testing application to see if the video ram is the problem.If the hardware itself is the problem be very careful if you decide to repair it your self. I suggest taking it to a certified technician who has tools to safely open and work on the laptop. They can be very tricky to disassemble and reassemble without the proper tools. You could void your warranty also by doing this your self.Hope this helps :)