xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Srisailam Visit.

post-73445-074325000 1303019949_thumb.jpgMy dear friends, recently I visited Srisailam one of the twelve jyotirlingas. And I would like to share my experiences with you all friends. Seven of us started our tour to srisailam from Hyderabad. By the way Hyderabad station is the nearest broad guage station from srisailam. It is about 222 kilo meters from Hyderabad. We started our trip from Jubilee Bus Stand (Secunderabad, Hyderabad) at 9:15 p.m. at 10:00 p.m. we reached at Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand and the bus halted there for about 45 minutes. Then the journey started towards Srisailam. Around 2:25 am we reached at Mannanur check post of Rajiv Gandhi tiger reserve. The information written on a board there was that from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am the post was closed. But this bus I think was having proper permission to pass as such it was permitted to go. Then the journey was through dense jungle. We seen many spots where it was written that it is where wild animals pass so be careful. By the way we covered the area at around 3:45 am at the other check post and then reached Srisailam at around 4:40 am. Then we booked two room in a Brahmin lodge. Then after finishing our daily habits we decided to go to Patalaganga to take our bath in the river.We have to step down around 500 steps to reach patala ganga. post-73445-047999200 1303019861_thumb.jpgWe took our bath in the holy river and then again stepped back to our lodge. Rope way is also available to come up from Patalaganga. Then we went to our rooms and kept our dresses etc there and went for the holly darshana of Lord Mallikarjuna and Bramaramba Devi. After the holy darshana of both Mallikarjuna (one of the 12 jyotirlinga ) and Bramaramba Devi (one of the 18 shakti peetha) we came back to our room. And after having our lunch we decided to go for site seeing of the nearby places. For which we preferred APRTC buses, which according to me is the best option over there if you are not going by your vehicle. The places shown by them were as follows- 1. Sakshi Ganapathi Templepost-73445-036576500 1303019908_thumb.jpg2. Hathakeshware Temple3. Shree Lalitha Devi Peetham 4. Pala Dhara / Panchadharapost-73445-071860500 1303019889_thumb.jpg5. Shikharam (The highest peak in Srisailam)post-73445-096730600 1303019927_thumb.jpgAround 2:30 pm the bus started and came back at about 5:30 pm. Next day morning again we went to have the holy darshana of Lord Mallikarjuna and Bramaramba Devi. After which we had our break fasts and at 8:00 am we occupied our seats which was pre reserved and started our journey back to Hyderabad. At about 2:15 pm we reached MGBS Hyderabad.

post-73445-035041200 1303019875_thumb.jpg