xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Using A List Box In Access Use box for data entry only

This might be a silly question, but since I am still in the process of learning, I feel I need to ask it anyway.I have set up a Table in Access 2007 to keep track of my private students, this particular table contains the personal details of the students.One of the fields, called "Course", shows which course the students follow (as there is a choice between a number of courses), and I have made a list box (drop-down list) which already contains the choice of courses on offer to make data entry easier and quicker.However, what do I see now?The list box works fine, when adding a new student to the table, you can click on the "Course" field, and a list with the possible choices drops down, and you select by clicking on the appropriate choice with the mouse. (Nothing new or unusual here).The trouble only start when I want to have a look through data in the table :When I look at any record, the course field also displays the list box, while I want only the selected choice to be displayed in a text box while I am in view or query mode.Could anyone advise me on how i can get rid of this problem, so that the list box only exists for data entry?All expert help will be met with a lot of gratitude.thank you very much in advance.