xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadow skazi

Cool Things To Do With Text. [photoshop]

Cool Things to do with text! By shadow skaziText is fun to play around with in Photoshop after you rasterize it. Let's look at what we can do with it after we rasterize it.To rasterize the text, go to Layer>Rasterize>TypeNow we can do stuff to the text.First, we will start by stretching and skewing text.Go to edit>transform>skew.Grab one of the anchor points and move it around a bit, try combining the movement of two anchor points. After you've done this, press enter. Yay! We've got some...distorted text. This can look nice on signitures if you mess with the blending options a bit which I will go over in another tutorial.Next up is the distort feature. Rasterize the later again and go to edit>transform>distort. This feature is kind of weird, but is useful in a way. Same thing, just move the anchor points around untill you get sort of a weird perspective look at it. Or...do whatever you want. O_oYou don't want to use these effects alot, but use them in moderation. In a sig here, in a banner there, whatever.Sorry. No end result images ._.Remember, feel free to give rep if you think my tutorials are nice ;)

Also you can mess up with the Filters that photoshop include, you just gotta Rasterize the text and combine some filters to get a nice effect. I use that method for do Fire text mostly :lol: