xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Klas2B

Cool Background Texture

1) make a "gradient bath" just randomly place 5 to 10 thick gradients over your document.

2) Right after that, go into Craquelure(Filter>Texture>Craquelure) and use these settings(it'll be the same all through the tutorial)

Spacing: 15

Depth: 6

Brightness: 7

3) After using Craquelure, use Extrude(Filters>Stylize>Extrude)

Settings:

Squares

Size: 30

Depth: 30

4) Then Emboss(Filters>Stylize>Emboss)

Settings:

Angle: 135

Height: 45

Amount: 100%

5)Then Craquelure again(same settings)

6) Make a new layer and fill it with the color of your choice, then set it's blending mode to Color

7) Adding a darkness:

-Make a new layer and fill it black,

-use Grain(Filters>Texture>Grain)

Settings:

Intensity: 100

Contrast: 100

Vertical Lines

-then Spatter,

Settings:

Radius: 25

Smoothness: 5

-and set the Blending mode to Overlay, merge all layer(Ctrl/Cmd+shift+E). If it looks rough, blur it(Filters>Blur>Blur)

Result:

Posted Image

I don't think I'd ever use something that stick-outy as a background texture, but maybe as a graphic or for a header. It reminds me of a mountain face.

Yeah, I like it, and agree with biscuitrat... it's a lil stick-outy, whatever that means... How did you come up with it though? Just placing gradients and playing with them? (That's Usually how people make stuff, by accident)Pandaz

Yeah, I like it, and agree with biscuitrat... it's a  lil stick-outy, whatever that means... How did you come up with it though? Just placing gradients and playing with them? (That's Usually how people make stuff, by accident)

Pandaz

52768[/snapback]

Yep, just a little playing ;)

if u ask me this background of yours is faar too much agreasive. When i am making a picture for my background. I make one that my eyes can rest on it while watching it. Must be more soft more gentle colors u get me? ;)