xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dark

Has Anybody Seen Constantine?

HiI think it is number two at the box office as of this writing. It sounds appealling but I saw the trailer and am not really convinced. I don't go to the movies very often and the last time was for the day after tomorrow and it was barely OK in my book, I was expecting a lot better.I am not a Constantine comic book fan either, actually I didn't know about it until I read an article about the movie and they mentionned it was based on a comic book.So please let us know how well you liked it or not, I hate to waste my money.Thanks a lotPatrick

I did not find it very impressive either (from the trailers). I was expecting quite something from horror flicks like The Grudge and Saw and to be honest I was pretty dissapointed. "Saw" had a decent script but way too many flaws.

Constantine has a nice script. That's the review I heard from my friends, but I've stopped believing them because they said that The Grudge was amazing. I want to watch White Noise as of now although I know it's not gonna fare too good at the box office. I may be wrong though!

Constantine is horror film? LolI'm planning on watching it today with my girlfriend. but i can't imagine keanu reeves in a horror film. hes too.. I dunno what it is. Well I guess i watched the matrix movies way too many times. :P anyway, i heard good things about from people i know.. and i've read bad reviews on it. oh well, ;)(HEY! my name is Patrick too!)

Love it! Angel Gabriel lost her wings in the end because she tried to release satan's son on earth. She said that people only show true nobility in times of troubles. I don't wanna give everything away! hehe! I like it though but then again I don't really know how to properly critic a movie. ;)

Love it!  Angel Gabriel lost her wings in the end because she tried to release satan's son on earth.  She said that people only show true nobility in times of troubles. 
I don't wanna give everything away!  hehe! 

:P:D;)
No, just the ending... You should put a spoiler warning on your post if you're gonna give away the ending of a movie. I know I won't be seeing it now...

ive watched it, and it was ok. its not a horror film though. i like the visual effects, since im into it right now. it has a good story too. and yeah, i like the part when constantine gave a bad finger to lucifer! hehe! and the angel gabriel looks really ugly without the wings!!! didn't look good!!!

As a guy who is facinated by the Matrix Trilogy, I will definetly have to see this movie, just to be able to contrast it with Reeves's other acting. I don't think that he's absolutely special, but being familiar with his character, which seems to be similar to the character of Neo, and being that it's just one of those "guy films", I'm sure that I'll enjoy it. Thinking about it... I don't think I've ever watched a movie with Keanu other than Matrix...

I haven't seen it and I'm actually looking forward to watching Constantine. I don't care what kind of plot it has just that it has a plot and fancy effects. I was watching this thing on MTV that show where they interview Keanu Reeves and his movie. I saw like a small clip of it and it seams like he's sticking to that quiet, silent moment type thing. Like some movies talk alot and this one doesn't.

i havent seen the movie as i cant book the tickets early enough .. nearly all tickets are sold out when it premieres ... i dare not sitting on the second row to watch a movie .. ;)but i would like to go and see the movie later .. all of my friends are saying that that was a great movie :P

I haven't seen Constantine too, but a friend told me that there is a part where a person is possessed or something and the devil was talking in our language - Filipino. OMG the devil is a FILIPINO!!

lmao boyCradle, i didn't know it was fillipino!that's funny. you think they'd just warp some language

Generally speaking, movie critics don't summarize the movie past the introduction...hahaAnyway, I haven't seen the movie, but from it appears to, I would probably classify it as a psychological thriller. I wanna see it at some point, though...For those of you that have only seen Reeves Matrix-ized, check out Bill and Ted or the Replacements. Best way to get the opposite end of the spectrum for this very...um...shall I say...versatile....actor. Heh ;)

I saw it a couple nights ago, mostly because it sounded something like the Nightside series by Simon Green, and it is kind of. I made the mistake of reading the spoiler here first though. Still, good movie. Might get it when it comes out on DVD/video. Oh, and the studio has approved a sequel, which it doesn't really need, but I guess it'll work. (Money grubbers...) By the way, at the end, Gabriel's not ugly persay... no one can expect to look pretty right after getting burnt that badly. S/he'll look mostly the same when she's cleaned up.

Oh my God!Such a horrific movie. Its too much of a story to digest. Suppossed to be a cross betweena horror movie and Matrix-type-special-effects. And good lord! why the hell did Keanu Reeves take up thi sassignment? I didn't like it a bit. And now I am going to be careful about the future releases of Mr keanu Reeves.BDB