xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dimz

Does Anyone Knows How To Format A Usb Pendrive 2Gb?

Does anyone knows how to format a USB pendrive 2GB??? It seems dead. Id doesnt open, it doesnt allow to format.Please someone help me to solve this problemThanks

When you plug it into the PC, will it show it as a device? If not, it could actually be your USB port that's the problem. Try a different pen drive to see if it works.If that doesn't apply to you, What do you mean it seems dead? It won't let you open it? If so, try opening it with a different PC to see if it'll open then.If none of them work/apply to you, What OS are you using (windows, mac, linux)?There are a bunch of things that could be wrong, might even be the computer itself.

Hi NNNOOOOOOThanks for the fast answer. I managed to solve the problem. At first, when i pluged it in my pc did showed it as a device. I scanned it with my AVG antivirus, but it didnt find any viruses. Then i called my friend Cobe, and he told me to change my AV, so i installed it ESET NOD32 Smart Security 4, and then when i scanned my pendrive with the nod32, it showed me that he deleted a virus with this name: W:/zarila/samzar.exe - a variant od Win32/Bflient.Z worm - cleaned by deleting - quarantinedThen I formated my pendrive again and it worked fine, just like new. I guess that the problem was the virus.Anyway, thanks for the help

Virus is not only the problem there is a lot of problems like in USB Hub Root present in your DEVICE MANAGER so sometimes you have to update it from your device manager and sometimes there are a lot of pirate Pen drives which will become dead after some uses so just avoid the piracy and checkout your device manager and update your drivers on regular intervals. ;)