xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flyingangel

Should I Buy This Netbook? I Want Your Opinion And Suggestions

Hello. I am trying to buy a new netbook and i need your opinion. I found this netbook with the following specifications:Notebook 11.6 Inch 160G HDD 1GB MemoryOperating System Support Windows? XP /LINUXCPU Intel Atom N450 1.66GGraphics Processor Intel GMA3150Display 11.6''WVGA Wide screen 1366*768Dimension (L*W*H) 260mm*180mm*30mmWeight 1.2kgMemory 1GB DDR2 667Max Memory 2GBHard Drive 160GB SATAMax Storage 320GBTotal: $367.99I am going to use this netbook to do word processing. I seldom play games. I need a strong netbook that will last me a couple of years. So my questions is if you guys think this could be a good investment? Do you recomend me anything else? I also searched other brands and due to price i found this netbook which seems really good and is around my budget (specially that it includes the extended warranty). Hope to hear your opinions and advice. Thanks and have a great day.

i will say what i think, first i think the main reason of Atom CPUs and in general the main reason of NetBooks is that to be light weight and easy to carry so you should care about the weight (1.2kg is not very much but you have to compare it with other 10 inches netbooks). the second thing is the brand (because you have said you want it to last for you many years), the price is good so i can guess two things about this netbook, the first is that this is not a new one and is second handed of a good branded one (like asus, msi, acer, sony, dell, ...) and the second guess is that this netbook is one of those chinese netbooks without any specific brand, in both case i don't think it will last a lot for you but if your price is for a new one and a well branded one then this is a good choice and you can go for it if the weight is not very much.Other specifications are regular ones that you can see in normal netbooks in these days but i don't see anything about battery, a netbook should be capable of being functional for at least 6 hours, this is very important because a netbook should be very light and of course most of the times you do not carry the charger and so it should be able to work for 5 hours when you are surfing the net or doing same things. also the charger itself is very important too, most of netbooks come with slim chargers and if the charger is heavy and big then it can cause problems for you when you want to take it with you. the resolution of the screen is really good for your work (word processing) and this is a big plus for this netbook.Now i will suggest you to choose one netbook from Intel Atom N550 base ones, because atoms are really slow in n4xx series but n550 performance is better and more acceptable. but i haven't seen any netbook based on n550 with 11 inch display and of course for your work it is very important to have a big display, so i think it is better for you to go for a notebook and forget netbooks. something like Acer Aspire 5734Z for around 400$ is a good choice for you, it comes with T4500 CPU which is so much powerful compared to atom and it has a 15 inch display, but of course it is so much heavier, so if i were you then i choose this one, because it has big display and powerful processor and these are things that is needed for word processing, and of course you can handle windows seven on this notebook easily and this is an advantage too.

Edited by Iniyila (see edit history)