xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Ubuntu Linux Cds For Free (incl. Shipping) Grab it right now...

Hi guys,

I searched about this particular Linux Distro after I read about it in a post by MajesticTreeFrog at Xisto.Com ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) - and I found out that they still have that offer OPEN. They're giving away free CDs for Intel, PowerPC and AMD64 Platform.. They even ship as many copies as you want FREE OF COST INCLUDING SHIPPING CHARGES. This is your golden chance lol... HURRY HURRY.. GRAB YOUR COPY OF LINUX.. @ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Do it today and spread the word around.. Linux is the OS of the day, year, the epoch... ;)

Ubuntu CD Distribution Database

Request an Ubuntu CD!

The Ubuntu team will send you Ubuntu CDs at no charge, for you to install and share. We will cover the cost of shipping the CDs to you as well. If you would like to receive Ubuntu CDs, please create a new account and tell us where to send the CDs and how many CDs You would like to receive. We promise that we will never send spam to your email address, and never sell or give away your information.

Sure must be loaded with visitors. I can't seem to access the site! ;)

By the way, are there any places where they're not shipping? I mean, there always are exceptions you know!

Sure must be loaded with visitors. I can't seem to access the site! :D

By the way, are there any places where they're not shipping? I mean, there always are exceptions you know!

52340[/snapback]

I'd thought so too - that there would be shipping restrictions and they'd post only within US or something similar - but I was quite surprised to find that they're doing it worldwide.. and not just that - you're NOT LIMITED to ordering just one CD... you can order as many as you want of each of the three types (x86, PowerPC & AMD64)... I wonder how they're handling all that shipping.. but I'll just wait patiently and wait for my order to turn up ;) Lets see if it really goes through..

Best of luck with your ordering.. You'll get through sooner or later.. I got in at the first try... The page has just the bare minimum info. needed so load time is extremely low..

Cheers :P

Wow this is really cool. But why are they doing that. I hope they dont ask me to pay for it later. Did anyone receive these CD's. Instead of giving one they are sending 10 CD's by default. And also asking to share it with friends. Why would anyone in the world do that? Anyone knows? It costs a decent amount as far as my knowledge goes. I saw it in a mag. I wish Longhorn would also be disrtibuted like this. ;)

Wow this is really cool. But why are they doing that. I hope they dont ask me to pay for it later. Did anyone receive these CD's. Instead of giving one they are sending 10 CD's by default. And also asking to share it with friends. Why would anyone in the world do that? Anyone knows? It costs a decent amount as far as my knowledge goes. I saw it in a mag. I wish Longhorn would also be disrtibuted like this. ;)

52360[/snapback]

Yaah I wonder why they're doing it too - i.e. whats the desperation..lol.. besides that 10 CD fact struck me really odd too.. wtf ?? i'd expected it to be limited to max 2-3 cds, whereas your mailing count starts straight at 10 cds !!! whoaaa... anyways, as I said, I'll quitely wait for my cd's to turn up - and see whether they really DO... I ordered a couple for the x86 and amd64.. lets see how long it takes.

QUOTE(canute24 @ Feb 21 2005, 01:51 AM)Wow this is really cool. But why are they doing that. I hope they dont ask me to pay for it later. Did anyone receive these CD's. Instead of giving one they are sending 10 CD's by default. And also asking to share it with friends. Why would anyone in the world do that? Anyone knows? It costs a decent amount as far as my knowledge goes. I saw it in a mag. I wish Longhorn would also be disrtibuted like this. ;)

Yaah I wonder why they're doing it too - i.e. whats the desperation..lol.. besides that 10 CD fact struck me really odd too.. wtf ?? i'd expected it to be limited to max 2-3 cds, whereas your mailing count starts straight at 10 cds !!! whoaaa... anyways, as I said, I'll quitely wait for my cd's to turn up - and see whether they really DO... I ordered a couple for the x86 and amd64.. lets see how long it takes.

This wierd... I mean who sends you 10 disks for free? I mean think about the shipping! This will cost them a fortune. I mean there service is not supported with ads and we don't have to do anything. It's totally free! I wonder if the distro is loaded with adware... That won't be cool. Has anyone gotten there's yet? The first time I tried linux I started with Linspire (i was young and stupid back then :P) and you know what happened after that.

Hi,I have ordered a few but still wonder how are they supporting this initiatvie and whats in it for them...??? Moreover its not like they are doing it in a particular country but it is worldwide......... there wud be huge shipping costs...I went thru their website but nowhere have the mentioned as to why wud they do that....If anyone receives their cds dont forget to post it here so at least we will know that it is not a hoax...;) meanwhile i m waiting for my cd pack to arrive....Cheers

Yaah.. same here as all of you.. I'm really doubtful about the whole thing till I receive my pack. All those question keep feeling my mind too - I can't figure out why would they do it worldwide and that too in whatever figure you want... I mean wtf ? What if I used some spammer bot to generate a huge range of spurious postal addresses in different countries ... lol..the company would just go broke and vanish just because of the fact they couldn't handle their postal charges ??? How would that sound .. lol !!

This wierd... I mean who sends you 10 disks for free? I mean think about the shipping! This will cost them a fortune. I mean there service is not supported with ads and we don't have to do anything. It's totally free! I wonder if the distro is loaded with adware... That won't be cool. Has anyone gotten there's yet? The first time I tried linux I started with Linspire (i was young and stupid back then :P) and you know what happened after that.

52424[/snapback]

No, I don't know what happened after that. What happened. Linspire had problems with windows earlier when their product name was Lindows. I don't know what happened after that. ;) Please tell me.

I ordered more than 100+ with many different versions. Wow! They delivered it all... But the LIVE cds are all corrupted! And can't install it permanently because I don't know how to use my modem in that operating system! ;)

Shipping, handling and cost of cd's. Buy enough cd's and you pay 10 cents a piece or less.10 cd's is a dollar shipping one cd is from $1.00 +sleve to $2.50 + sleve and if they send you 10 copies and you didtribute them that is 9 people using the software and no cost for them to distribute to the other 9.If only one out of 10 people distribute the spare copies they are still ahead of the game. Look at it as a promotion and an advertising effort that cost a lot less than paying for the ad on a tv station or radiostation. Now they have the Internet community spreading the word for them, this will lead to more links pointing back to them, Higher ratings in the search engines. etc. etc.Nils

Shipping, handling and cost of cd's. Buy enough cd's and you pay 10 cents a piece or less.10 cd's is a dollar shipping one cd is from $1.00 +sleve to $2.50 + sleve and if they send you 10 copies and you didtribute them that is 9 people using the software and no cost for them to distribute to the other 9.

If only one out of 10 people distribute the spare copies they are still ahead of the game. Look at it as a promotion and an advertising effort that cost a lot less than paying for the ad on a tv station or radiostation. Now they have the Internet community spreading the word for them, this will lead to more links pointing back to them, Higher ratings in the search engines. etc. etc.

Nils

You know a lot how come? but from all that what do they get? Do they earn anything. They have to earn from sales itself. How are you going to explain that???

I ordered more than 100+ with many different versions. Wow! They delivered it all... But the LIVE cds are all corrupted! And can't install it permanently because I don't know how to use my modem in that operating system! 

Which ones? Ubuntu or something else?

Shipping, handling and cost of cd's. Buy enough cd's and you pay 10 cents a piece or less.

10 cd's is a dollar shipping one cd is from $1.00 +sleve to $2.50 + sleve and if they send you 10 copies and you didtribute them that is 9 people using the software and no cost for them to distribute to the other 9.

If only one out of 10 people distribute the spare copies they are still ahead of the game. Look at it as a promotion and an advertising effort that cost a lot less than paying for the ad on a tv station or radiostation. Now they have the Internet community spreading the word for them, this will lead to more links pointing back to them, Higher ratings in the search engines. etc. etc.

Nils

53490[/snapback]

I totally agree!. A friend of me gave me copies of the x86 Ubuntu distro before i heard about all the delivery thing it in Trap. They are spreading the name of the distro really quickly and even it costs some money (i do not think, it costs so much) now, they will mange to make money back in a short period of time if they are good.

I will give them a chance and try Ubuntu.

Mine hasn't yet arrived yet but it is good to know that they deliver the goods. Now for the more important part. Do they install properly and work??? If yes, how is it?