xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
annyphp

Php Bug Tracking System Free PHP Bug tracking scripts recommneded

even i didn't hear about this program before, but i will try it myself as soon as i can. because i really think that dealing with php scripts, especially if we use only pure code to generate php codes ( i mean editors only), needs a debugger or a bug tracer, or we will get a lot of errors here and there.

so, thank you for sharing us this information. i will keep it in my mind next time i will debug a php project.

Hi!My bug tracking system of choice is and always has been the MantisBT bug tracker. The MantisBT bug tracker is written in PHP and is very extensible through plugins. You can also find browser search providers for the MantisBT bug tracking system (navigate to the site and look at the menu items from the search provider dropdown to find it). I may be biased in my opinion because of my love for all things PHP. PHP-based software is available in source code form, enabling advanced users to make modifications to the code base and tailor the software product to meet their needsIf you are looking for other options to track bugs, you can use Jira (for a Java-based bug tracker), Trac (for a Python-based bug tracker) , and Visual Studio Team Suite (for a .NET based bug tracker). Visual Studio Team Suite is more than just a bug tracker. It is in fact a complete software development workflow management system that includes a source code repository (an enhanced version of the Visual Source Safe source code repository) and is integrated within Visual Studio.Sure, you will find people that will claim that one bug tracking system is a complete mess while another is one that was written by the Roman and Greek Gods themselves (For an example, perform a Google search for "trac bug tracking software is junk" and look at the first search result, which should be from designoplasty.com, unless Google decides to index this post and put me on top of the search result page). Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. I've once claimed that BugTracker.NET was too buggy to be used in a production environment due to the extended downtime (Side-note: I have no clue - it would just display the ASP.NET error page for no reason, and the error page would go away after waiting for an hour or two. The error would appear every morning and would go away on its own, without any intervention though it sometimes needed the IIS server to be restarted to get it working without the wait). All I can say is, "To each his own" (I don't really know who I'm quoting, but whoever said it phrased it aptly).