xisto Community
FlameX

Installing Website On An Iis Web Server

Heyaaa people.. in here after a long long time.. :)I have a friend of mine.. he has a made a website for L&T but these people do not want to host on the internet. Their main agenda is to use the website on LAN for the employee purpose. So his manager has asked him to host on a IIS server. So my question is how to host a website on LAN on IIS server.. Solutions needed asap..!!Thnxzz .. :)

The website can be used through private IP of the server appended with port number (if other than 80). While access to the server through public IP is blocked by firewall. That is the easiest way I can think of letting people inside a LAN access the internal website. Just see the network settings of the server, you will find the private IP listed there, just share it with the department.

Hey FlameX. What you are doing is creating what is called an "intranet" instead of "internet". An intranet is a local grouping of nodes and web sites to be used internally only and not shared with the internet. 

I also suggest doing some google searches using keywords "intranet", "IIS", "intranet website" and so on. There is a great wealth of information online that will help you get started. As far as setting up the IIS server itself, it is a very simple task and it installs very much like any other software. Configuring the IIS server may seem complicated however for your needs the default setup with minimal tweaking should be sufficient.

hey NateP & BCD ... thnxzz a lot... i hope i can help my friend succeed in it.. > :D