xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Get Better Reception On Scanner

I have a scanner, a really old one at that. It is a Radio Shack "PRO-2046". I got an antenna 2 days ago for it. The first location I put it, it got good reception for 1-2 hours. It couldn't get any reception on that channel anymore, so I relocated the scanner. It was able to pick it up again. Then, once again, it lost reception. I don't feel like re-relocating it. The station(s) I'm trying to pick up are (the bold one is the main one I'm trying to get):

123.000MHz

119.075MHz

116.100MHz (I can get)

I can't remember the others, but they're found online. They're all aircraft frequencies and to receive them, all nine (9) sections of the antenna must be (and currently are) extended. Something else you may or may not know about the scanner is that it requires a 13.something volt power supply, but I can only supply 12V. How do I get better reception on it, and how do I reduce noise on it?

Turns out I can receive 123.000MHz, but still can't get 119.075MHz. I tried another scanner, but it didn't work either. And, as it turns out, 12.0V is enough to supply the scanner (it's the lowest acceptable voltage). I still need help with it.