xisto Community
zinomori

No Sound From Tv Tuner

I have a desktop computer and just switched to Windows 7 from Windows XP. Everything is working pretty fine except the TV tuner card. I get the video like always, but not any sound coming out. BTW, it's a Frontech JIL-0606 TV tuner card. I already installed the sound card drivers and the software that comes along with the TV tuner card. All other media players are working perfectly fine. It was working perfectly with Windows XP. Can anyone help me to fix this problem.Thanks.

First thing you can do is to see if you sound card audio in is working or not, because i think you have to connect audio out of your tv tuner to audio in of your sound card. for doing this test get a dual 3.5mm audio jack and put one end in a player like mp3 player or mobile phone or any other player and put the other end in audio in of your sound card, now open a sound recorder software like the one comes default in win7 and choose audio in (not the mic) as input device and then play a song in the player and start recoding so you should be able to hear recorded song if nothing is recorded then there is a problem either with your driver or sound card settings.if the audio in is working then you should check settings of your player, i suggest you to use win PVR , try it and see if you can hear the audio, if the software doesn't recognized you card then probably your driver is not installed correctly because this software nearly recognizes all of TV Tuner card which are based on popular tuner chips. if it played audio then i suggest you to forget the default program which you have received on your card because this one is far better than others (only for watching not for recording). for recording i suggest you to go for Ulead with many special features and very better performance and quality.if none of above worked then try to reinstall your driver and use the original ones from their official website : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and if you can do a fresh install of your windows. these problems never have a specific solution and you have to check many things to find the solution, in the end you can test your card on another system to see if there is not any hardware problem, if hardware is working in another system then you can change the PCI slot you have planted card in. it seems to be a software problem because you have mentioned it was working in win xp so you can call their support to see if their driver is compatible with windows 7.