xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Why Wont My Dvd Player On My Ibm Thinkpad Portable Computer Work Anymore? HELP

My DVD drive on my laptop will not even receive power anymore. it wont let me even open it. so i took it out and fixed it with a little help from a step by step online manual. it started working fine again and then it just quit working all-together. What is wrong with it?can anyone help me?

My DVD drive on my laptop will not even receive power anymore. it wont let me even open it. so i took it out and fixed it with a little help from a step by step online manual. it started working fine again and then it just quit working all-together. What is wrong with it?can anyone help me?

What did you do to fix it? If it was just a power cable issue where it was not connected properly then it should be a simple fix. By the looks of it, it seems like a power issue when you say it has no power. Either that or the cd unit has shorted and no longer functions but I've never heard of any cases where that's happen before.