xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vistz

Golden Globes

Did anyone watch the Golden Globes a few days ago. If you did, then you probably saw Ricky Gervais' monologue. That was the funniest thing ever. Here's a link to it if you didn't get a chance to see it:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

yes i have seen and here is what i think about :First i shocked when i saw that they have chosen "Social Networks" as the best film and have forgotten "Inception" but as i disappointed from Golden Globe i also disappointed from Academy Awards too because i can see how their critics are trying to show inception as a failure. most of reviewers doesn't even understand 20 percent of the movie and this is not the first time that we can see as they don't understand it they let it down. Christopher Nolan's movies are always great but i don't know why they never want to give him a reward. Social Networks is a nice movie too but it is so simple and i think they have just chosen it because it is simple and everyone can understand the whole movie in the first watch. I think it is now completely clear that a director have to choose between complexity and reward.i think female actress winner is fair and Natali Portman played her role just nice in "Black Swan" and i think she will win Academy Award too. i can say anything about the male actor winner because i haven't seen "The King's Speech" yet but i think "Mark Wahlberg" was a good candidate too, he played just well in "Fighter" but as i haven't seen king's speech so i can not say he played better or no. For the best animation i can not see anything to rate "Toy Story 3" as the best except its 3D technology, if you see this animation 2D nothing will impress you, you will see odder dolls which i don't think is very amusing for a 5 year old child but when you see it in 3D then something different happens and if you were a fan of Toy Story series (which i'm not :D) then you will love this one. anyway if you are not impressed with seeing TS3 then go and watch Despicable Me for better experience but don't think Toy Story 3 is not great it just doesn't fit you.And in the foreign film winner if i was the producer of Golden Globe Awards i would say all 5 are the winners, i can say these days we can see great non american movies which are completely comparable or even better than today hollywoood movies. i have seen four of them and i haven't the chance to get "The Edge" DVD till now but as i have read reviews i can say it is great too. it's very nice to see some foreign movies getting award in golden globe but they should expand titles and bring some best actress and actors for foreign movies too. as i recorded the show from tv and watch it later so i fast forwarded Ricky Gervais' monologue and i haven't heard his things but i can guess what he has said anyway.