xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vistz

Homeless Man With Golden Voice

If you're in the United States, there's no doubt that you've already heard about Ted Williams' story. For those of you who haven't, I will explain it. A few days ago, a reporter stops to give a homeless man some change. That man, had a "voice of gold". He was previously a radio announcer but due to some bad life choices (drugs/alcohol), he lost his job and became homeless.This man's story hit the Internet and within 48 hours, he was already getting job offers. In fact, Ted Williams recently signed a contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers (a basketball team in the US). They even gave him a house to live in. This sort of story is really moving and restores my faith in people(and the Internet) to collectively do good things.Here is a link to the YouTube video[media]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/]

He certainly does have a great announcer's voice. It's really wonderful to hear the occasional story about how someone gets a lucky break. Doesn't seem to happen very often, usually it's "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!" It's a shame when a persons life is ruined by drugs or alcholol. It's a tough rut to pull out of, and I am glad to hear that this lucky man has gotten a second chance for a good life. Not everyone does. I think in some way's he was double lucky. He had the strength to change his life, and kicked his bad habits, and then got the bob offers and found his way off the streets. I hope he makes the best out of it!

hmm nice story but these things do not happen most of the times, i don't say there are not enough good people out there. i say we can't see many things like this happening around, maybe if now was 100 years before then we could see many good things going around by peoples but as today we can not see these things regularly then as we see one we get surprised. Ted Williams was very lucky because of getting such a chance but i don't think that basketball team did that thing for nothing, i mean you know some celebrities adopting african child or giving huge monies to support some homeless peoples but i think most of them are doing these for getting more popular and why i think like this? because i can see many people around me helping other peoples without saying it or without anyone noticing. there are some peoples in the world which are very rich and only after their death, people will find what great jobs they have done. Anyway it is very nice to help other peoples even if you do it for other reasons than just helping. this thing should not be only for peoples helping each other, this should be between countries too so countries can help each other to progress. this things reminds me of that there are many good peoples out there yet and this means maybe we can make our world better with help of each other. every news related to this things will give hopeless peoples a little hope so here i can say internet is doing a great job with distributing these news around the world. so maybe internet could help awaking more peoples and getting more helps for helpless peoples. i'm really happy of hearing this news and i hope that soon all homeless peoples all over the world get their own homes soon.

I saw this video on the news! I was stunned when I heard his voice... I tough this must be Frank Sinatra's cousin or something. I've also heard that he got a job in some radio 1 week after the video was published on YouTube. Is this true? :)

i think the story is nice and stimulate.but there are still so many homeless people in the street , in the park , in everywhere......this man has good mind but also lucky.not all the homeless men have the kind of lucky and conditions.

I think the title "Golden Voice" actually ties well into his skills. I mean, other than the fact that his voice is soooooooo soothing, he's been practicing that voice on his own by hearing a radio DJ when he was young. And after all the troubles, his voice stayed soothing, and I think that's just amazing. Golden Voice.... He is Golden inside AND outside.