xisto Community
mrdee

Looking For Software To Make Online Quiz It does need MySQL support

I wonder if anyone could push me into the right direction:

I would like to put a quiz on my website, which would allow the visitors to participate weekly, and then, obviously, after a number of weeks, the person with the highest score would be crowned champion.

I know there is a lot of excellent software out there that does the job very adequately, for example, I have Camtasia Studio, with which this can be achieved, and I also own Articulate Quizmaker, a great program for the purpose.

However, I have one problem with both of the above: it seems none of them support MySQL or some other sort of database management.

As it stands, I obviously need the participant to enter his/her name, or log in, before starting the quiz, so I know everyone's individual score.

Furthermore, I also need to be able to keep track of all the scores, so I can put up a weekly table with the rankings of all participants.

Maybe it is possible to add a certain front/end for that purpose yourself, but I am not fluent enough in PHP/MySQL (yet) to achieve that myself.

So, is there anyone who knows of a program which serves the required purpose, or of a script (or a number of scripts) that I can link to the aforementioned programs so everyone can log in and I can then display the weekly rankings?

All help will be very much appreciated.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)