xisto Community
whyme

I've Had It With This Kid In School

So to say, this student is probably the most unliked student in our class, his name? I will call him "A". He is a ANNOYING, ridiculous and desperate student, in grade 9, and apparently, everyone dislikes him. The comments that he makes during class time are beyond comprehension, meaning that his comments lack any sort of logic, and his desperateness is viewed through his attempt to try to make friends. A small description of him, the tallest in the school (almost), and not the brightest either.

Here?s some things that he?s said in my class.

We are discussing about taking History grade 12, so our teacher says:

I didn?t have to take History 12

The next thing you know, he asks:

Is History 12 mandatory?

Far from begging to differ, here?s another quote:

We are discussing about PowerPoint in class, he thinks he?s a genius, so he says to everyone:

Don?t state the obvious guys!

So our teacher asks:

What is PowerPoint? 

And lo and behold, he says:

A program.

and just for good measure (he actually said this)

I don?t have any friends 

And the creepiest part about this is, he added a girl?s windows messenger to his contacts list, but apparently, the girl blocked or deleted him. In a normal person, they would give up and not bother trying to do anything about it. But, ?A? actually took the time to make ANOTHER email address, pretending to be a different, person and added the girl to his contacts list again, and freakily enough, his email address was: cool_dude_945@hotmail.com. I swear that someday, this guy will become something nasty.

I feel so good now that my anger is a vented out. Phew!

The poor kid sounds pretty desperate...I can't help but feel bad for him. Maybe there's some underlying circumstances I'm missing here, but it sounds like this kid has been neglected by his classmates for some time now...and come the big high school, he's making his best effort to try to fit in. If he doesn't, it's gonna be a miserable four years for him. Not a good segue to college and beyond, if you ask me...My suggestion: cut him some slack. Try striking up a conversation with him, or ask him to hang out sometime. You may find out he's a pretty cool dude ;)

Thats just sad, i hate people who are total idiots but act like they know everything. no one knows everything. they just dont get that.But i did find the msn messenger part pretty funny, i know people who have done that 10-12 times trying to get through to someone...

The poor kid sounds pretty desperate...I can't help but feel bad for him. Maybe there's some underlying circumstances I'm missing here, but it sounds like this kid has been neglected by his classmates for some time now...and come the big high school, he's making his best effort to try to fit in. If he doesn't, it's gonna be a miserable four years for him. Not a good segue to college and beyond, if you ask me...

My suggestion: cut him some slack. Try striking up a conversation with him, or ask him to hang out sometime. You may find out he's a pretty cool dude ;)

51866[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. "Don't judge the book by it's cover." So, why don't you talk to him alone incase if you feel embarassed because your classmates might see that you are talking to him. They might think that you are also weird. Well, anyways, talk to him in a private way, and a nice way. Ask him why he dosen't have any friends, his hobbies, and especially about his family. Normally cases like this, it's caused by a family problem.

Thats just sad, i hate people who are total idiots but act like they know everything. no one knows everything. they just dont get that.

But i did find the msn messenger part pretty funny, i know people who have done that 10-12 times trying to get through to someone...

51954[/snapback]

Probably they just wanted to make friends. That's why they pretend that they know everything so that they will get as many friends as they want.

i have a lot of kids like that in my class, they're all just trying to be funny. And I go to a magnet school, so they MUST be acting funny.But don't just get to conclusions that he's stupid. He just wants to be annoying to have a little fun I guess. I mean... I can get like that if i drink cola in the morning. And it's a little funny too, espieically the msn messanger part XD

This person in his attempt to fit in with the others may have caused himself even more of a problem of fitting in. Yes also he is going to have a rough next four years like caveman said. Someone I think should have a talk with him and try to give him a chance. If you can keep the person from doing stuff to get him negative attention that would help. But you should also tell him that after highschool. You usually never see the people again. So it really does not matter.

Yea... There is a kid similar to this in my class. Everyone makes fun of him... but its not cool to make fun of him even if he is "strange", i try to get along with him but sometimes its just plain weird. But anyways you should maybe talk with "A"... but i'm not sure lol :D