xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AzureMusique

What Is The Usb/flash/pen Drive(S) Manufacturer Do You Like/don't Like To Use? Reason.

Flash Drives.  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm currently shopping for good, reputable flash drive manufacturers. At the same time, I'm also looking for those whose flash drive products that consider people's budget.

There are two brands I'm currently using.

1. Kingston: I think is a good company because I've brought their products. Few the older ones that I had broke or slightly broken because of my abuse. Whoops. :unsure::blink::P

2. Lexar: I'm currently testing out this brand because I'm thinking about moving on to a new, probably more reliable, brand besides Kingston. This way, in case one goes down in the dumps, I'll have another to rely on.

One brand for some reason I think is a bit unreliable. Why? I think it's just me.

1. Sandisk: Otherwise I think I would use its products just for SD cards for cameras and their photos.

One brand I completely refuse to use (Don't try to convince me):

1. Sony: Back some years ago, there was this incident where you insert a CD (I think for installation) from Sony. A lot of consumers were expecting this one product, but unknowingly, there was another product that secretly installed itself from that CD. Ever since I had heard of that incident, I decided not to buy from that manufacturer ever, even though that incident has long cleared up.

So, bring up your best arguments as to which "new, reliable" brand I should be using!

Also note that it will be used to help back up my family's Mac Snow Leopard OS before sending it for repair.

Edited by AzureMusique (see edit history)

i think Kingston is not a good brand at all, any flash memory i had from this manufacture got some problems after 1 or 2 year of usage. these problems consist of very low transfer rate after two year of usage (three of my Kingston flash memories have now write speed below 2 megabytes per second), detection problems like sometimes my pc doesn't recognize them or detects them as a usb one type of mass storage and i have to plug out and plug in again several times till it detects, but i haven't seen any data related issue with this brand which is very important.the brand i'm currently using is ADATA which i think is one of the most reliable brand for flash memories, i haven't seen any problem with this brand there is a little transfer rate decreasing during time but its not very noticable.i have also tested transcend and i only find one problem with this one and it's the temperature of flash memories which gets very high after being connected to pc for more than 1 hour but there is not any problem for me yet.

Edited by Iniyila (see edit history)

I believe that all of the brands are good. It's all about how you care them. But I seriously dislike those with the removable covers. They get lost so easily.Kingston is a great brand, I have about five of them and none of them ever failed. One even fell in water and still works after a good drying.While shopping for a new drive the other day I came across the Patriot Xporter XT Boost 16GB Flash Drive. from the reviews it sounds like a good deal and is about under $30 bucks. It's driver less and can go up to 180x read speed. And that's a deal for the price in my opinion!

Edited by PhoenixGFX (see edit history)