xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karanv

Mac Snow Leopard On Dual Core [resolved]

Hello every one,can i install mac OS on Intel dual core system or do i need to upgrade my system. Please help me out as i want to install snow leopard on my dual core processor.

I have OS X Snow Leopard running on my Intel Core Duo 1.8GHz just fine with only 2 Gigabytes of memory. I think it would run on most recent computers / laptops but if you are unsure post more of your computers specifications here.

Well, you can install Mac OS X on any Intel computer. You just need to make sure that you have mac compatible RAM, graphics cards, and other hardware. You might want to check out 'hackintosh' building instructions, they will teach you how to install Mac OS X on your Intel computer.

Well, you can install Mac OS X on any Intel computer. You just need to make sure that you have mac compatible RAM, graphics cards, and other hardware. You might want to check out 'hackintosh' building instructions, they will teach you how to install Mac OS X on your Intel computer.

I don't believe he means installing OS X onto a non-mac, rather whether his official mac with a Core Duo processor is compatible with Snow Leopard.

The answer, meanwhile, is yes. Snow Leopard requires an intel based mac, PowerPC macs are out. That said, a Core Duo is more than capable of running Snow Leopard, but apps will run in 32 bit mode, aside from that, as long as you have enough RAM, you will get pretty good performance, due to the optimisations which have been performed on the code.