xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Better Business Bureau

As the saying goes, you learn some thing new every day. Today I got a real eye opener. I was always under the impression that the Better Business Bureau was a legitimate, honest and reliable way to check up on a company. They were I thought, supposed to be a non profit organization to help protect the consumer. Unfortunalty, I just discovered that's not the way it is. We had quite an in depth discusion about the Better Business Bureau on my dog board today. It seems they have been calling trying to sign up some area breeders. Which in itself is hypocritical, since they were supporting proposition B but anyway, it seems that all you have to do to become "accredited" by the BBB is pay them $300!!!! That's right folks, you can BUY into the good graces of the BBB! Now what kind of a crock of Poo Poo is that? Seems to me to be defeating the purpose of giving out non biased information about a business. I would hardly trust their opinion on any business after hearing all that. What a sneaky, underhanded way to do business! Somebody should turn them in to the Better Better Business Bureau!

No company seems to be very honest these days. Just look at all the webhosts that claim to best the best, provide great quality service -- yet why is it so many users either have great experiences? Or the worst?Check out the webhost scams: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/