xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Country Music Kind Of Annoys Me.

I don't think there is a music more annoying than modern country music, if you can call it country music. Country music of any era has never been a genre I listen to often, but I do acknowledge that there were some greats.Chet Atkins virtuosity with his classical influence country twang, Maybelle Carter not only being a talented guitarist in a era when it was out of the ordinary for a female to be a guitarist, but her innovative technique inspired generations of guitarists. Johnny Cash with his Bob-Dylan-esque quality song lyrics and rebel attitude. Hank Williams Sr with his inimitable blues-country singing. Merle Travis with his frequently imitated finger picking style. I also love country style guitar playing and enjoy digging out my stratocaster and playing some twangy major scale country licks once in a while. Etc, etc.. probably more I'm missing. So I _can_ appreciate country music and have no prejudice toward it, there simply isn't anything to appreciate in modern country. It's a bunch of pop stars with accents singing about sleeping around and making stupid puns. Country used to have soul, but now it's about money. It all sounds the same.Of course, that's the way it goes with just about every genre of music. More bubble-gum and less emotion and individuality. However the thing that really bugs me most of all is that there seem to be only about ten country songs that they play on the radio. I live in a place where they play a lot of country music everywhere -- it's unavoidable, and I am hugely, immensely sick of hearing the same songs over, and over, and over, and over, and over. They play the same songs at least every hour. I like variety and pop country music is the antithesis of variety. They never play anything but the top 10 hits on repeat. Of course, they have the request hour. Do you know what people request? You bet, the same songs that are already being played. Perhaps I'm just plain weird, but I can't fathom why people don't get bored listening to the same song over and over for months. I'm always searching for new tunes and sounds around the world to feast my ears on and the utter banality of country music is as devoid of variety as it is of substance.It's pretty bad when a short, embarrassing reggae interlude is the hot topic of country innovation for months. I wish the Country music genre would expel these glorified pop stars and let some real music back onto the main stream. There's a reason why classic country music inspired blues, southern-rock, folk etc. It had something to offer.

ummmmmmm interesting to know that some music is annoying ...yup like for me rapping is annoyingi have never heard the music u r talking about..if u could show a link to that music :Pthanks for the educating post Mr Rob