xisto Community
Sally

Pet Care People love too have pets but they do not know how to take care.

Its a harsh reality because i rescued many pets due to lack of their owners interest in them.I n simple words they have pets but they do not know how to take care of them.I think there should be a law and punishment for such people. I want you people to understand the fact that how painful its for me to rescue cute pets in very bad conditions.Thanks

Its a harsh reality because i rescued many pets due to lack of their owners interest in them.I n simple words they have pets but they do not know how to take care of them.I think there should be a law and punishment for such people. I want you people to understand the fact that how painful its for me to rescue cute pets in very bad conditions.Thanks

Hello

Let me praise you for such an interesting post.
This is a very harsh reality about pets, well we can reduce this by taking care of our surroundings.
You are doing pretty good job, keep it up buddy.

Thanks

they have pets but they do not know how to take care of them.I think there should be a law and punishment for such people.

Unfortunatly, if you pass laws against stupidity, there would be very very few people left out running around.
But actually, there are laws against animal cruelty. Lots of them. In many cases, people are punished worse for harming an animal than they are if the harm another human.

Then of course, you can get into a major debate over what constitutes cruelty. One that springs to mind is the debate over tethering. (chaining up) There are some that are trying to pass laws to totally ban this. However, on the other side, there are lots of good points. What if there is no other way to contain a dog? If a person cannot afford to build an extensive fencing system, should they be denyed the joy and pleasure of dog ownership? If the dog is tethered in the yard during the day while the family is at work or school, then brough in at night to play with the family, and otherwise enjoy life, why is that wroung? Do we not, as humans have to spend time at things we would rather not do, like being at work all day? Or why is a tether more offensive than a pen or a crate to contain a dog? Either of those seem to be morally acceptable to humans. But they are still forms of containment non the less.

I could use the hosting credits, how about a debate? :rolleyes:

Sally, not all pet owners get the training and the knowledge that they need to be able to take care of their pets and it is probably one of those things that needs to change. When a pet is sold by a pet store to a pet owner, there ought to be some kind of documentation that indicates that the pet store owner did indeed inform the pet owner as to all of the things that he or she needs to know to care for the pet, and the phone number of a veterinary clinic to be able to seek professional advice when something is out of the ordinary and not something that the pet store owner or any other reasonable person would be able to expect of a pet under normal circumstances. It is hard to define what a 'reasonable person' would do, but apparently a lot of the U.S. laws use the term 'reasonable person' to set a gauge to determine what is legal and what is illegal, what is ethical and what is unethical. Sometimes, it is difficult to determine what classifies as cruel and what is acceptable behavior when a pet owner demonstrates such behavior toward an animal. For example, during animal training, pets are rewarded for good behavior, but may be beaten when they demonstrate bad behavior. This may not be observed at the better of the pet behavioral training institutions but it can be observed at those cheap institutions that are just trying to make a quick buck without the knowledge of how to humanely train a pet. As sheep dog suggests, we cannot really make the decision on where to draw the line without alienating some portion of the human population who just want to have the privilege of owning and caring for a pet, though they may have a different definition of what they mean by 'caring' for the pet.Sheep dog, chaining up a dog while the pet owners are away is probably seen as a way of limiting the freedom of the dog and causing boredom. If a dog is allowed to roam freely within a fenced area, it does get to roam and play with its toys. That lack of freedom may be something that seems to be cruel to some individuals. However, what is truly cruel is when the pets are left chained during the peak of the summer and they are unable to seek the shelted of a shade or do not have access to drinking water to quench their thirst. There is no scale of measure to determine what is the need of the pet and what is the want of the pet, just as we cannot make that distinction when it comes to humans. Pets need a lot of water during the summer, but they want ice cubes. Pets need a comfy warm rug to sleep on, but they want a soft matress, which is why they occasionally pounce onto the sofa or the bed when no one is watching (do you REALLY know that your pet does not get onto the bed the moment you shut that door? Well, perhaps it doesn't... but then again).

Good points, most definatly!As to pet stores, actually, most do include or in some way provide information with the purchase of a pet, as that is an important part of their income, it's not just the sale of the animal where their profit margin lies, it's the extras they sell with the pet, books, toys, food, habitates like cages, aquariums, etc. In this modern world, there is no real excuse for not knowing how to take care of a pet. google.com. Just type it in and go, you can read to your hearts content and learn everything you could ever want to know. And a lot more. Now there may be some debate as to the accuracy of everything you read, you just have to read enough to get a consensis of what is good information and what is BS. Admittedly, that's not always easy to do. As for tethering. A fence contains a dog to a certain area. A tether contains a dog to a certain area. Both provide the same result. A dog on a tether can be provided with water, shade, a comfy dog house, toys and everything that you could provide for him in a pen. Yes, I would agree that leaving a dog tied in the hot sun with no shelter or water would be cruel. That is just plain common sense. It's the stigma of the tether when compared equally with a pen I fail to understand. A dog in a pen with no shade or water would be in just as bad shape as one on a tether without said food and water. Cruelety is without a doubt a difficult subject to debate. What constituts cruelty has such an unbelievable range of circumstances as you discuse it with more and more people. Take one of the animal rights complaints against breeders, that we FORCE dogs to breed. Yea, right. Now that's a real laugh if you know the first thing about dogs. There is no forcing them. Hell, just try to keep them from breeding! You would not believe what a dog will go threw just to have sex! Anyone with an intact pet dog can tell you all kinds of wild stories about how they thought they had safely confined their dog while it was in season only to find she had escaped and found a boyfriend somewhere in the neighborhood. Dogs can be unbelievable in their attempts to propagate the species! Don't ever believe dogs are forced! And just one more thing. The bed is mine! :D I will happily share the couch with our Schnauzer, but she stays off my bed. Am I being cruel??? :)

I like your suggestion Sally.Pets are also living beings like us which need care and love from us.When a person buys or get pet there should be a compulsory registration required and animal rights organizations should check that the pet owner is still taking care of his/her own pet. If they lost the pet or have leaved the pet somewhere actions should be taken. We must send this awareness to the animal rights department.

When a person buys or get pet there should be a compulsory registration required and animal rights organizations should check that the pet owner is still taking care of his/her own pet.

Oh not only no, but HELL NO!!!

This is pure animial rights propaganda at it's finest. (or worst actually) Why should a human give up their rights to freedom and privacy just because they want to own an animal? Allow a 3rd party police rights to come into their private homes and check an animal? I think NOT. It's crazy ideas like this that are causing us to loose more and more of our personal freedoms every day.

Besides, if you have read threw this thread, you can see that there are definatly different opinions as to what constitutes cruelety. When the true agenda of the animal rights groups is to end all animal use, wether for food,fiber, companinonship, or entertainment, how can you ever think they would not take any pet away they had any kind of chance to confiscate for any pathetic little reason?

We have a new puppy, my boyfriend is very fond of her but it annoys me sometimes, especially her poop.. I don't know how to take care of her.. :(

Hello
Let me praise you for such an interesting post.
This is a very harsh reality about pets, well we can reduce this by taking care of our surroundings.
You are doing pretty good job, keep it up buddy.

Thanks

Do an internet search for "crate training." It's the fastest and easiest way to house break a new puppy. I won't go into great detail here, but it works because it works with the dogs natural instinct to not soil it's den. Basicly, it involves keeping the puppy crated when you can't keep a very close eye on her, and taking her outside to the proper potty place as soon as you take her out of the crate. After she has done her thing, you can take her back inside and let her play around the house, but as long as you can't watch her she needs to be in the crate. The idea is to never let an accident happen in the house to start with.