xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
godwasadj

Flash Site Needs Submit Button Destination

Hi Guy's and Girls,I'm having some trouble with a stock flash site i downloaded to edit. Basically i'm trying to link up the SUBMIT button in the contact us page to my email and, being quite frank, i'm a noob. Any help would be greatly appreciated.The current code just reads

<input name="Send" type="submit" value="SUBMIT" class="submit" id="send" size="16"/>

hi godwasadj, welcome in Xisto community i hope you will like your time in here.
and about the code you posted, it is not related to how you can connect your email to a form. to be more clear, you can't connect the code of submit button with your email, because it is only a way to tell the browser that you want to send the information in the form you filled now. but you can create a PHP file, name it (mail.php for example) that contains the code of your email, usually it will be like this:

<?php $to = "YOUR EMAIL SHOULD BE HERE"; $subject = "Contact Us"; $email = $_REQUEST['email'] ; $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ; $headers = "From: $email"; $sent = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers) ; if($sent) {print "OK"; } else {print "We encountered an error"; } ?> 

and your form should contains this code:

<form method="post" action="mail.php">Name<input type="text" name="name" /><br/>E-mail<input type="text" name="email" /><br/>Message <textarea name="message" cols="50" rows="10" >                </textarea><br/>                    <input type="submit" value="send" /><br/>                    </form>                

as you can see, the action attribute is what will connect your form with the PHP file that contains your email.

i hope that will helps you a little, good luck.