xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

Naruto Bought By Toonami

Naruto, the biggest anime in Japan has just been licenced by Toonami on Cartoon Network.
This is gonna suck for anime fans who have seen it in Japan.
Why? Look at the lineup: Dexters Lab, Totally Spies, Ed, Edd and Eddy ect
ALL KID SHOWS
Now Toonami has anime which sucks such as DragonBall GT
Now they have Naruto. There gonna edit out all the blood and good stuff we all love.
Now if Adult Swim had bought it, this would be a different story.
BUT THEY DIDNT.

I say we tell them to not buy it so we can keep downloading Naruto

Heres the Source
Scroll down to Acquisitions

As far as I know, Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd, and Eddy are not on the Toonami line-up, but on some other line-up like Cartoon-Cartoon or something.

I know that GT is on Toonami, though.

But you say that Toonami bought it, but who DUBBED it? That could make all the difference.

EDIT:

I found this:

ShoPro Entertainment Licenses Naruto AnimeReported by: Tazmo on Tuesday, February 15th, 2005 at 03:51PM
Edit: We just got off the phone with ShoPro Entertainment and they have confirmed the reports. The NARUTO anime series is indeed licensed by their company. Once we are able to contact another representative from them next week we will know more details such as when the first release will be made.

Thanks to AnimeNewsNetwork.com for the article. It appears that this time, for real, the NARUTO anime series has been licensed by ShoPro Entertainment, one who is merged with VIZ LLC, the American company who has published the NARUTO manga in North America. We can not confirm what the future holds for NARUTO on the internet, but we do know that the BitTorrent trackers will be pulled down tonight most likely. This is the beginning of a new era for all of us. Dattebayo will make an announcement later on if they plan to continue subtitling the anime. The status of the manga releases should not change, as it has been licensed for a good 2 years. No word on if SaiyaMan will cease RAW releases. There is no word on what network the NARUTO anime will air on, or if it will just be direct to DVD. You can contact ShoPro Entertainment (in a nice way) by going here.

Source: http://www.viz.com/badgeo.html

And this:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hey, wait, i've also heard about naruto is being licensed, but i'm no really clear on it... btw, who is this toonami guy? and what link do you use to download naruto? manga scan or anime?yeah, i also don't like if someone just licensed somthing that i used to get i for free :D. I read naruto manga scan (until chapter 247 if i not wrong), and dunno where to get the anime.

it's illegal in japan, but only the first 60 episodes are liscenced. It's not gonna suck THAT badly, I mean, Shopro dubbed Inu Yasha. Even though I hate inu yasha, I don' t think they did a bad job with the dubbing. I doubt there'll be name changes, theme song replacements, or content changes. I just think they'll make the blood black (most of the blood was already black XD)Over all, I sort of look forward to seeing how they do with Naruto. But I'm just hoping they don't do any thing bad with the voices. I'd literally kill them if they messed up Neji's voice *prepares fist*

Yeah, i've never seen Naruto, but i've gone to sites like Narutofan.com and i always thought it was a really cool show. Then, wow, toonami says they're going to show it on their little time slot thing...and i'm excited. Now...wait. Not that excited...I know what bad dubbing can do to a cool anime. I hoped that maybe naruto would be spared from horrible dubs...but i was wrong there. See, this morning i went and investigated! :( Guess what i found? Nothing that great. I'm not going to say the show is going to be bad, because i've never seen it...but i can say right now that people who have watched the un-americanized un-dubbed version aren't going to be happy with it.

Check out this site and you'll see part of what i mean...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you can't, i'll post their quote.

It seems Viz has plans for Naruto outside Toonami.

An anonymous source has provided some information about the production of Naruto's dub. It turns out they're looking to give Naruto as wide an audience as possible, including airing it on multiple blocks on Cartoon Network and eventually in syndication after Cartoon Network's contract expires.

Unfortunately, this means heavy cuts and plot changes to meet the "lowest common denominator".

Naruto and his friends still make their way through ninja school, but will emphasize peaceful resolutions to problems they encounter.

A screen grab was leaked to us by the same contributor of an edit early on in the series. In the original Japanese version, Naruto stabbed his hand in an effort to show his seriousness about an upcoming mission. In the Americanized/edited version, Naruto is shown angry about his mother's choice of lunch.

You'll see two links to see the screen shot of the original footage of Naruto stabbing his hand, then the edited one of him holding an apple and a lunchbox. I bet you're thinking the same as me.

Not. Funny. :D

Okay, i don't know if this is really going to happen, so don't get wild and excited and angry. Just take into consideration that a great show could possibly be ruined. Anyway, i'm not sure if this is truth and they are actually going to show this lunchbox thing...but i really hope it's a joke, cause messing with great anime is so not cool. :D

What's funny about the story behind the edited picture of naruto; him being angry about his mother's choice of lunch is that as far as i know, he has no mother, or rather none that is alive. The whole story behind naruto is that he's been alone all his life. So i doubt that is really true. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

What's funny about the story behind the edited picture of naruto; him being angry about his mother's choice of lunch is that as far as i know, he has no mother, or rather none that is alive.  The whole story behind naruto is that he's been alone all his life.  So i doubt that is really true.  Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

148844[/snapback]

No, you're not wrong! you're right. I went back and i saw that it was just a little joke played on ameture Naruto fans like me...I'm relieved though. Thank you for your insight. Poor naruto...all alone...

Ewww! Naruto is going to suck now! Toonami either gets children shows or buys good shows and makes them into crappy kid shows. I'm going to end up watching the olds ones repeatidly after a while..anything would be better than what Toonami will do with it.

I know it's not free, but I heard that the Naruto DVD's aren't going to be edited at all...I can't remeber where I heard it from, though.

Ewww! Naruto is going to suck now! Toonami either gets children shows or buys good shows and makes them into crappy kid shows. I'm going to end up watching the olds ones repeatidly after a while..anything would be better than what Toonami will do with it.

148966[/snapback]

well--if the company that dubbed inuyasha has it, it shouldn't be too bad. Even though dbz wasn't all that popular with some, far as i know it wasn't far from the original japanese version and it was on toonami. What i'm worried about is voice actors and translations. Let's hope for the best...

I hope Nartuo is shown in the UK cause after going on Naruto sites I have fallen in love with the anime. I do hope that they don't ruin it as I've heard from many people who have seen it that its great. I also happen to enjoy InuYasha and I believe that the dub version was good and I have seen some of the original series. I can't wait for Naruto to come on DVD in America and I can't wait to see the anime on tv.

Hrm I noticed this thread started in Febuary, and I have yet to see it on Toonami. I heard it is suppose to come out this Summer from my friend.I have watched subbed versions of episodes 1-55 and I love them. I also love the voices and i hope they will do a good job in keeping the same "accent".If I dont like the voices, I wont watch the show. And you never know they might not edit it much, they are bringing out an Uncut DragonBallZ soon on Toonami at 10:30PM. Maybe they will edit it little and put it up at like 10PM or something.EDIT: I am very sure that whole lunch box crap is fake.

I'm gunna watch the DBZ uncut eps. gunna tape them too. I think the Naruto eps. are gunna come in September, can't wait to see wut the voices sound like, definetly gunna get the DVDs.