xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MuhammadHasan

Ntldr Is Missing installing fedora in windows based system

in my laptop windows-XP was installed. then i installed windows-7. then i installed linux Red Hat. die to some problem of internet connectivity, i had to replace redhat by fedora. after successful installation of fedora when i tried to access windows, following message occurred:'NTLDR is missing'Please let me know how to resolve this problem?

NTLDR is the file that keeps the partition information for your windows file. Now in order to keep the dual boot. You need to either reinstall the windows or have to format it. The way it is screwed up can be fixed with boot disk of both windows and red hat. Most likely this can't be solved by simply copy pasting the file as it contains the information about where is the partition that windows seeks. I think you need to use bootdisk of redhat and use LILO to solve this issue. I don't know how to get NTLDR back without boot disk. So you need to get the disk for windows.

fixing the ntldr is pretty hard however there are ways to fix the problem or just boot, search google for hiren boot cd, that iso contains tons of system diagnostic, editing, fixing , restoring and backing up tools in dos, windows xp, and linux all three on one cd, very recommended live cd.