xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ownd

Domain Parking

If you have already parked it successfully, these should be correct:

1. You must have registered for that domain with uni.cc before November 2004.

If you have registered recently, DNS is not among the options given.

2. It must point to your root folder, that is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

However, you can direct it anywhere using the 'manage redirects'

However, if it is not showing anything when you query it with a browser, it just means that the DNS settings have not yet propagated. You need to wait for at least 24 hours, sometimes more.

It is important not to panic.

Do not keep on changing the settings, it will take longer. Take a break :D

do i put my domain address in the dsn or web fowarding?

51297[/snapback]

Oh, I assumed you have already done all that.

Here you go:

You have set up DNS and not web forwarding, if you want it to behave like a full-fledged domain. If you are content with web forwarding, go ahead.

Example of DNS setting: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (PS: I am still developing it, just for your preview of domain settings...) Note that all links start with googlue.uni.cc.

Ths will not be the case with web forwarding.

DNS setting is superior to web forwarding.

However, this is what is posted on uni.cc's home page:

DNS delegation and dynamic web forwarding will not be offered for domains registered after November 20th, 2004. The free DNS service has reached the maximum number of domains it can handle to work efficiently. Unfortunately, it was not possible to upgrade our servers by February, 2005. We are still working to make the necessary changes to UNI.CC's systems.

So you can have these only if you registered before the said date. Assuming that you have, set up you DNS as in the picture below:

Posted Image

Write here again if you have any queries

Googlue!

New UNI.CC accounts don't have the option of changing name servers. they only have the option to forward the address. Atleast that was true as of the end of january when I created a uni.cc account.