xisto Community
inea

Free Webhosts Without Advertisements Are links to other free webhosts allowed on knowledgesutra?

Free webhosting  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it allowed to make a topic about free webhosts and to put links in the comments to other websites of other free webhosts? And is it allowed to write reviews about free webhosts including Xisto in the forum?

Edited by inea (see edit history)

I think not, I mean THIS IS A WEBHOSTING FORUM, so putting links to other webhosting stuff is like advertising them, thus equaling competition to them.It's like going into Kenny Rogers and asking if you can bring a bucket of KFC in there.

Maybe that is true. On the other hand, if free webhosts are reviewed it might turn out that other free webhosts get a negative judging. And if that is the case it might turn out that the review is a promotion for Xisto and the free webhost attached to it.

As far as I remember reviews are allowed, just not direct marketing/affiliations with various companies. I remember there were quite a few threads in the past and I think they are still around (in the voice section).